• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The more sinister side of Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Don't argue with idiots - ban them?
    Great idea. Bye Brillo
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
      Her life wouldn't improve dramatically with or without Brexit. Nor would it get dramatically worse either way.
      Don't go introducing facts to this. His tiny brain may well explode.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
        Instead of a one liner critique, how about you explain to us all how a nurse who will get no real pay rise over the next 2 years and is now facing higher mortgage / rent costs , food and fuel prices is going to dramatically improve her life as a result of Brexit ?

Appreciate you don't need to apologise that would be the job of Mr Johnson as he quite categorically stated that the economic outlook would not be worse, still it would be helpful for me to understand as I know a nurse back in the UK who is struggling and can pass your comments on.
        Cojak is way to clever to say anything on Brexit.

However I would like to say that the gap between rich and poor has been getting bigger since 1933. And will carry on getting bigger. And Brexit will make it worse.

Tell your nurse friend to never ever vote Tory/Labour again. Even if Korbyn gets in he will turn into Blair. This country needs better politicians and bankers.

I work for a bank. Its incredibly inefficient. How do they stay in business? Its a monopoly.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Don't go introducing facts to this. His tiny brain may well explode.

Here's a fact for your tiny brain, Simon's opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fact.

HTH, BIDI.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Here's a fact for your tiny brain, Simon's opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fact.

HTH, BIDI.
            Uncanny......and I was just referring to retarded donkeys on a related thread too.

Cometh the hour cometh the Ass!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

HTH, BIDI.
              That's true, except what I said was indeed a fact. Like all my opinions.
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Her life wouldn't improve dramatically with or without Brexit. Nor would it get dramatically worse either way.
                So your telling me that Brexit was not responsible for the pound dropping and hence causing inflation to rise ?
                Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Cojak is way to clever to say anything on Brexit.

However I would like to say that the gap between rich and poor has been getting bigger since 1933. And will carry on getting bigger. And Brexit will make it worse.

Tell your nurse friend to never ever vote Tory/Labour again. Even if Korbyn gets in he will turn into Blair. This country needs better politicians and bankers.

I work for a bank. Its incredibly inefficient. How do they stay in business? Its a monopoly.
                  Its a cartel, but point taken. And very true.

As to the gap between rich and poor, so what? Surely a more pertinent question is "has the standard of living increased for everyone since 1933 or whatever". The answer is undeniably yes. The poor today have untold riches compared to the poor of 1933. Lets say the gap between rich and poor was only 50%. Would that be good if we were all scrabbling around in the dirt trying to eek out an existence?
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

As to the gap between rich and poor, so what? Surely a more pertinent question is "has the standard of living increased for everyone since 1933 or whatever". The answer is undeniably yes. The poor today have untold riches compared to the poor of 1933. Lets say the gap between rich and poor was only 50%. Would that be good if we were all scrabbling around in the dirt trying to eek out an existence?
                    Societies in which the gap between rich and poor are small are the most contented.

For a while the mob can be placated with cheap booze and flat screen TVs.

Comment

spoken like a multi-millionaire

The modern global economy has brought billions of people out of poverty. The only 'sufferers' (for want of a better word) are the lower middle class, and working class in the G7 countries. The ones who ironically voted for something that will harm them the most in any case.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X