• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remain would win Brexit referendum if held now, poll claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Bloody hell, do I have to underline everything in crayon when being ironic?
    The contribution of a number of pensioners is a drop in the ocean to the bailout I was actually referring to.
    Yes it helps him & AssSnob understand if they see something they are familiar with.
    Last edited by vetran; 3 July 2017, 19:55.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Them Tories claim people on zero hour contracts are employed. The fact is the UK economy is slowing down those last 2 years. Growth at 0.2% first quarter compared to 0.7% the last. People will be holding their breath for news of the 2nd quarter. If the trend of those last two years does not reverse soon we'll be in recession. Strong and stable 10,000 fathoms below the sea.
      That would be 1.7m contracts so one third of Spain's unemployed figure. They are of course not claiming benefit so are officially employed. As staff get scarcer I expect the zero hour contracts to fall.

As you may notice we are in the middle of negotiations to decide our future, if the EU get their way we will pay just as much but get no access. That has scared a few people investing.

All this advanced thinking i probably making your head hurt, off you go to listen to the EU anthem.
      Last edited by vetran; 3 July 2017, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its running at 18.75% or 18 millon currently.

Sorry if its too much for you bremainers.
        Which one is it? 18.75% or 18 million people?
        Clue: The population of Spain is 47 million.
        18.75% of 47 million isn't 18 million.

Sorry if it's too much for the alt-reicht to comprehend basic mathematics.

I've had enough of your fake news and twisted stories. How about getting the basics right before lecturing others?

The actual figure for Spanish unemployment is around 4.26 million, not 18 million. You're only out by a factor of 4. Given that you've then repeated your error in a future post saying that 1.7 is 1/9th of 4.26, I'd suggest you might want to do a quick fact check or edit your posts, so they don't make you look stupid/incompetent.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I've had enough of your fake news and twisted stories. How about getting the basics right before lecturing others?

The actual figure for Spanish unemployment is around 4.26 million, not 18 million. You're only out by a factor of 4. Given that you've then repeated your error in a future post saying that 1.7 is 1/9th of 4.26, I'd suggest you might want to do a quick fact check or edit your posts, so they don't make you look stupid/incompetent.
          I'd suggest he carries on as he is. It is all part of what makes Brexit such fun to watch.

Comment

18.75% so 4 and a bit our percentage. Down from 10 times according to your figures.

Sorry I misread a figure while doing something else.

even with the lower figures your assertions look like desperation.

as I said a percentage of tulip is tulip. And Spain is in the Tulip.

Comment

18.75% so 4 and a bit our percentage. Down from 10 times according to your figures.

Sorry I misread a figure while doing something else.

even with the lower figures your assertions look like desperation.

as I said a percentage of tulip is tulip. And Spain is in the Tulip.
              I see you have now edited a post to say that 1.7 is 1/3 of 4.26, and you say I'm the one clutching at straws.
              1.7 is 1/3 of 5.1 or 1/9 of 15.3
              1.7 is 2/5 of 4.26

So, one of you is useless at maths and the other was "being sarcastic" when he said that no money would be sent from the UK to Spain.
              Both of you were wrong, or to put it another way, full of tulip. Doesn't matter how you try to spin your argument, ignore facts or edit your posts, your posts are full of tulip.

Next you'll be saying that the £350million a week to the NHS pledge was out by a factor of 4 as well.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                I'd suggest he carries on as he is. It is all part of what makes Brexit such fun to watch.
                WHS. Haven't laughed so much in ages
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I see you have now edited a post to say that 1.7 is 1/3 of 4.26, and you say I'm the one clutching at straws.
                  1.7 is 1/3 of 5.1 or 1/9 of 15.3
                  1.7 is 2/5 of 4.26

So, one of you is useless at maths and the other was "being sarcastic" when he said that no money would be sent from the UK to Spain.
                  Both of you were wrong, or to put it another way, full of tulip. Doesn't matter how you try to spin your argument, ignore facts or edit your posts, your posts are full of tulip.

Next you'll be saying that the £350million a week to the NHS pledge was out by a factor of 4 as well.
                  well its much more than double as I said they aren't claiming unemployment benefit so they aren't part of the figures.

Comment

well its much more than double as I said they aren't claiming unemployment benefit so they aren't part of the figures.
                    Congratulations. You've done the impossible and made Diane Abbott look like a genius in comparison to you.
                    You and Mordac make the characters in Dumb and Dumber look like Bohr and Einstein.

That's the problem with democracy - if a nation has bred too many idiots, it doesn't work. We're at that tipping point now.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Congratulations. You've done the impossible and made Diane Abbott look like a genius in comparison to you.
                      You and Mordac make the characters in Dumb and Dumber look like Bohr and Einstein.

That's the problem with democracy - if a nation has bred too many idiots, it doesn't work. We're at that tipping point now.
                      Representative democracy has safeguards against cretinism. There are too many barriers against cretins constituting a majority of MPs. The problem is referenda. There are enough cretins in the UK that if they vote largely as a bloc in a referendum, it just takes a relatively smaller number of non-cretin racists, ideologues and assorted nutjobs to tip them over the 50% mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X