• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexodus has started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I'm a chess player, not a coder, but I would expect that if coding, you would want to include the start square as well as the destination square.
    You should know better then

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alge...otation_(chess)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      So as well as all your other manifold accomplishments, you're a military genius too!
      Well if you have any "manifold accomplishments" at all, humour isn't clearly one of them
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        So as well as all your other manifold accomplishments, you're a military genius too!
        That's originalPM. His Mum allows him 1 hour on Civ 5 before bedtime as a reward, if there are no skid marks in his pants.

Comment

Yes yes but when is a Strawberry dead?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Look, I was reasonably on the fence over Brexit but we've got to accept the result and move forward.

All you naysayers are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy; the atmosphere is positively toxic thanks to all the bleating from the Guardian and their ilk & it is this that will be putting off investment in the country, not our exit from the EU.

And, while I'm at it, I'm not also a huge fan of Mr Trump but making the leader of the most powerful country in the world the focus of the "daily hate" isn't exactly going to ensure we're first in the queue for a trade deal is it?
            And again, I'm forced to post the image that sums up your opinion perfectly....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              That's originalPM. His Mum allows him 1 hour on Civ 5 before bedtime as a reward, if there are no skid marks in his pants.
              Stop. Getting that belly laugh you get in CUK when you interact with the "Deep Losers".
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                I understand algebraic notation, but the long form (e.g. Ng1-f3) must surely be preferable when coding to the short form (e.g. Nf3), to avoid the occasional need to disamibguate (e.g. Ngf3). But I've never written a line of code in my life, so happy to be corrected. I would imagine in coding that even the piece descriptor ('N' for knight) is unnecessary and g1-f3 would adequately describe removing the piece that occupies square g1 and placing it on f3 (or perhaps removing the square g1 from the piece that occupies it and adding the square f3 to the piece - but that might be more complicated when managing captures??)

I do like the idea of coding so may teach myself some when I retire.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  It's Ok I resat them and got AAA*B. Was in an inner city comprehensive then. One of the worst in London.

*One of the As doesn't count, it was General Studies.
                  I'm assuming those stand for :

AnotherAnnoyingAhole Times Bulltulip

They didn't tell you your real results were ungraded.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I'm assuming those stand for :

AnotherAnnoyingAhole Times Bulltulip

They didn't tell you your real results were ungraded.
                    You went to all the effort of a completely inane and childish retort just for me? Ah bless.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      You went to all the effort of a completely inane and childish retort just for me? Ah bless.
                      I like to sink to your level sometimes, its fun going that far down.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X