• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexodus has started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Four Europeans from our 20-strong team have already left. The remaining ones keep quiet when we ask them about extensions. We see a steady influx of Asians... when we talk to them they say they want to get ILTR and want to bring their families over. They are willing to work for less than Eastern Europeans. Was that the desired outcome?
    Cheap or efficient - pick one.

Leave a comment:

• squarepeg
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I notice it in my direct surroundings, where many EU financed research companies are based. Mostly top level educated Germans, French,Italian and Dutch nuclear scientists are leaving because of brexit, the increased racism as a result and fear subsidies for their jobs will be culled. I'm sure the brexiteers love to go back to Victorian times and go back to the coal fuelled steam age.

Also I see in some Facebook groups, I am member of, that many EU nationals are packing their bags.
    Just read some of the comments on this article and you see why: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ship-uk-brexit
    Four Europeans from our 20-strong team have already left. The remaining ones keep quiet when we ask them about extensions. We see a steady influx of Asians... when we talk to them they say they want to get ILTR and want to bring their families over. They are willing to work for less than Eastern Europeans. Was that the desired outcome?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bye Bye

We don't need nuclear scientists, psychiatrists, lecturers, research scientists, nurses, fruit pickers ...
    Not if everyone is leaving, no.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I bet its better since you left. Weren't you the only one to get rapped over the knuckles with a ruler.
    To be fair most schools in London have got better hence the North-South divide in exam results.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    How did we ever survive before EU membership?
    Dunno, but you might want to have a look at the reasons why Britain joined the EU and that might with answering your question...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's Ok I resat them and got AAA*B. Was in an inner city comprehensive then. One of the worst in London.

*One of the As doesn't count, it was General Studies.
    I bet its better since you left. Weren't you the only one to get rapped over the knuckles with a ruler.

I am A1A1BC

Further mafs + special. Mafs + special. Physics. Chemistry.

Amizing I got an English "O" level.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You went to all the effort of a completely inane and childish retort just for me? Ah bless.
    I like to sink to your level sometimes, its fun going that far down.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm assuming those stand for :

AnotherAnnoyingAhole Times Bulltulip

They didn't tell you your real results were ungraded.
    You went to all the effort of a completely inane and childish retort just for me? Ah bless.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It's Ok I resat them and got AAA*B. Was in an inner city comprehensive then. One of the worst in London.

*One of the As doesn't count, it was General Studies.
    I'm assuming those stand for :

AnotherAnnoyingAhole Times Bulltulip

They didn't tell you your real results were ungraded.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    I understand algebraic notation, but the long form (e.g. Ng1-f3) must surely be preferable when coding to the short form (e.g. Nf3), to avoid the occasional need to disamibguate (e.g. Ngf3). But I've never written a line of code in my life, so happy to be corrected. I would imagine in coding that even the piece descriptor ('N' for knight) is unnecessary and g1-f3 would adequately describe removing the piece that occupies square g1 and placing it on f3 (or perhaps removing the square g1 from the piece that occupies it and adding the square f3 to the piece - but that might be more complicated when managing captures??)

I do like the idea of coding so may teach myself some when I retire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X