• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexodus has started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I notice it in my direct surroundings, where many EU financed research companies are based. Mostly top level educated Germans, French,Italian and Dutch nuclear scientists are leaving because of brexit, the increased racism as a result and fear subsidies for their jobs will be culled. I'm sure the brexiteers love to go back to Victorian times and go back to the coal fuelled steam age.

Also I see in some Facebook groups, I am member of, that many EU nationals are packing their bags.
    Just read some of the comments on this article and you see why: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ship-uk-brexit
    A Deloitte study, published this week, reveals that nearly half of all highly skilled EU workers could leave the UK within five years.
    How do we get rid of the remaining 50%?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
      An inneresting little fact for you.

Do you know why strawberries are called strawberries? Well neither did I until recently after growing some myself.

I found that the berries were getting attacked by woodlice and, after consulting one of the many fonts of knowledge on matters horticultural in my local, it turns out that you need to have a layer of straw for the fruiting bodies to rest on. The woodlice and other critters, you see, don't like straw as they can't crawl over it.

And it's this practice of using straw in this manner that gives rise to the name strawberry.

I should have known that being a Somerset girl!

Do you also know that milk comes from cows?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Well as Miles Kington said

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
        Ah, once a regular at the Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke.

Could never work out what he was doing working for the Independent. Perhaps it wasn't such a rabid lefty rag back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Back to the good old days

Comment

So will house prices start dropping now?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Back to the good old days

Racist!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Carry on as you are. The trouble is the jobs will go with them, so it won't help you move up the food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Carry on as you are. The trouble is the jobs will go with them, so it won't help you move up the food chain.
                  Still we'll take you down with us.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    Still we'll take you down with us.
                    I thrive in chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      Racist!!!!
                      Sorry i couldn't find pictures of stone age Britain with Asian and black minorities on it, please use imagination to include them

Comment

Working...
                      X