• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit negotiations Day 1 - EU owed UK, UK caved in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Day 1 Cluster****: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...he-first-round

Next round is, I believe, 20th July although apparently May is there on Monday to put her twopence in...
    That Bloody difficult woman will be coughing up a lot more than 2p
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I'm calling a high water mark on Corbyn. In tax 'top trumps' threatening to pinch, sorry requisition people's property beats 'dementia tax' by a good distance.
      Corbyn's tax rises are cleverly targeted. He's not proposing a general increase in income tax, which is why he very nearly won the election. If the economy does well then the Tories might hang in there, but that is highly doubtful.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm calling a high water mark on Corbyn. In tax 'top trumps' threatening to pinch, sorry requisition people's property beats 'dementia tax' by a good distance.
        Agreed compulsory purchase on flats in Kensington and Chelsea for 200 - 300 people would be pretty expensive and not good use of public funds.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Corbyn's tax rises are cleverly targeted. He's not proposing a general increase in income tax, which is why he very nearly won the election. If the economy does well then the Tories might hang in there, but that is highly doubtful.
          The Tories will have learnt their lesson. Don't advertise what are reasonable tax rises such as removing the winter fuel allowance for those that can afford it.

Corbyn just promises free stuff 'paid for' by some fairly obvious nasty taxes - like the garden one - and some outright dangerous bits - like stealing people's property. The first whiff of him in government and you can guarantee it'll be asset hiding a la 1970s style.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
            Agreed compulsory purchase on flats in Kensington and Chelsea for 200 - 300 people would be pretty expensive and not good use of public funds.
            I'm not sure Corbyn was thinking about paying market rates. Anyway how can you say that - it's their right to live in that area.

Comment

I'm not sure Corbyn was thinking about paying market rates. Anyway how can you say that - it's their right to live in that area.
              It's my right to live in the area...

Oh wait
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What the UK need is a leader with the emotional intelligence of Corbyn but the fiscal intelligence of May.

Comment

What the UK need is a leader with the emotional intelligence of Corbyn but the fiscal intelligence of May.
                  Perhaps what could be meant by May being 'a bl00dy difficult women' is that she doesn't suffer fools (gladly or otherwise)? Makes sense in terms of why they keep her at arm's length from the general public.

Comment

Perhaps what could be meant by May being 'a bl00dy difficult women' is that she doesn't suffer fools (gladly or otherwise)? Makes sense in terms of why they keep her at arm's length from the general public.
                    The stand off nature of May is due to her being an 'old style' politician, some of the older people on here might confirm that I am too young to have experienced it, but the modern way is to embrace the people make them feel as if your one of them, very powerful politics, as most people cant work out that the deficit will be making us go bankrupt in 25 years and probably don't care.

Comment

The stand off nature of May is due to her being an 'old style' politician, some of the older people on here might confirm that I am too young to have experienced it, but the modern way is to embrace the people make them feel as if your one of them, very powerful politics, as most people cant work out that the deficit will be making us go bankrupt in 25 years and probably don't care.
                      Funny isn't and I guess you're right. It's cobblers to say that Corbyn cares any more or less than May and even if he did - so what? I don't remember getting work on the strength of 'caring'.

Comment

Working...
                      X