• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit - Have you changed your mind?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I haven't changed my view on leave. I would still vote leave, but now I favour a softer conciliatory brexit than a harder one.

But truthfully, given the division it's caused, I would take it all back and not have a referendum. Yeah I don't like the EU, but I dislike even more what it has done to my country having the referendum.
    The end destination is clear regardless of Labour or Conservative, landslide majority or no landslide majority. The UK is going to end up like Switzerland with partial access to the single market, but obliged to allow unfettered EU migration.

The business Tories will get what they want allowing them to set up sweat shops and import cheap labour from wherever they want, but the Leave voter in Scunthorpe who voted for it to limit migration is going to be mightily disappointed.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      And there we have a staunch Brexit supporter summing up the Brexit camp perfectly - feckless and passing the blame to others.

Good job Shaun, you've seen the error of your ways.
      And there YOU go again, trying to neatly pigeonhole everyone into safe little compartments that make it easier for your "no frills" intellect to comprehend.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The end destination is clear regardless of Labour or Conservative, landslide majority or no landslide majority. The UK is going to end up like Switzerland with partial access to the single market, but obliged to allow unfettered EU migration.

The business Tories will get what they want allowing them to set up sweat shops and import cheap labour from wherever they want, but the Leave voter in Scunthorpe who voted for it to limit migration is going to be mightily disappointed.
        That's been obvious for years. If the Tories really wanted to limit immigration to the "tens of thousands" they could have started with non-EU. They didn't. If they wanted to limit EU immigration they could have implemented the same controls that the majority of other EU countries implemented. They didn't.

Leave voters who are hoping for a reduction in immigration are pinning their hopes on promises from a lying PM that was Home Secretary for 6 years and failed to achieve much at all, and MPs that have been asked repeatedly which industries they will restrict immigration for and they can't answer.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          That's been obvious for years. If the Tories really wanted to limit immigration to the "tens of thousands" they could have started with non-EU. They didn't. If they wanted to limit EU immigration they could have implemented the same controls that the majority of other EU countries implemented. They didn't.

Leave voters who are hoping for a reduction in immigration are pinning their hopes on promises from a lying PM that was Home Secretary for 6 years and failed to achieve much at all, and MPs that have been asked repeatedly which industries they will restrict immigration for and they can't answer.
          This, to the power of 10.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
          X