• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREXIT - 2020 Hindsight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREXIT - 2020 Hindsight

To the point:
    It would be better to have no political party in full charge of BREXIT, as this politicises the matter based on a binary referendum question.

Choices should be:
    *An independent commission
    *An all-party working group

This would mean that, proportionally, all views within the UK are considered and negotiation can take place based on that. That sounds like a very British way of progressing. If Labour, coalition excluding Conservatives, or Conservatives win, I would maintain the above suggestion.

Leaving this negotiation process to a single political party, of any colour and creed, is a disaster waiting to happen - but we will not know the largesse of this mistake until looking back from the future. What say ye?
    A single political party
    50.00%
    Independent commission
    12.50%
    All-party proportional working-group
    25.00%
    Combination of 2 & 3 for various stages
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    To the point:
    It would be better to have no political party in full charge of BREXIT, as this politicises the matter based on a binary referendum question.

Choices should be:
    *An independent commission
    *An all-party working group

This would mean that, proportionally, all views within the UK are considered and negotiation can take place based on that. That sounds like a very British way of progressing. If Labour, coalition excluding Conservatives, or Conservatives win, I would maintain the above suggestion.

Leaving this negotiation process to a single political party, of any colour and creed, is a disaster waiting to happen - but we will not know the largesse of this mistake until looking back from the future. What say ye?
    Too late now. Enjoy the ride, suckers!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Too late now. Enjoy the ride, suckers!
      Are you coming on to me? The above in your accent confused me.

Comment

PM the old man.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          PM the old man.
          Sold! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

The Tories made the bed. It is an outrage anyone other than them should be asked to fix it. Were the tables turned the Tories would be screaming at Labour for the mess they've caused.

Do keep in mind, the Tories never expected the referendum to become a vote against the establishment.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The Tories made the bed. It is an outrage anyone other than them should be asked to fix it. Were the tables turned the Tories would be screaming at Labour for the mess they've caused.

Do keep in mind, the Tories never expected the referendum to become a vote against the establishment.
              It wasn't a vote against the establishment. It was a vote against the status quo. The establishment will do just fine out of Brexit.

Comment

Not so much "coming on", more "touting for business". You get the full works for 10 B&H and a Bacardi Breezer, allegedly.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Something we do agree on.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Does sound like it. (We're all used to her saucy advances.)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X