• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The next general election will be fought on Brexit. The only chance that labour have of winning is a pact with the Lib-Dems to have a second referendum on an in/out basis
    Everyone took the piss out of the referendum and said the vote would be remain, everyone took the piss out of Trump and now he's going to be President, everyone takes the piss out of Corbyn which means
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Everyone took the piss out of the referendum and said the vote would be remain, everyone took the piss out of Trump and now he's going to be President, everyone takes the piss out of Corbyn which means
      hmmmm i think a lot more people are taking the piss out of Corbyn than ever took the piss out of the other two.

So despite your hopes and dreams it ain't gonna happen....

also your avatar -- i bought that book for the missus for xmas - she voted to remain!

Comment

I'd be happy to have another EU referendum - leave would win with a bigger margin.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          I'd be happy to have another EU referendum - leave would win with a bigger margin.
          Yeah - and Cameron was happy to have the first one as the remainers would win. Best leave things as they are.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Yeah - and Cameron was happy to have the first one as the remainers would win. Best leave things as they are.
            It would settle the matter - as would a GE with an in out mandate

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              It would settle the matter - as would a GE with an in out mandate
              Sorry. I just got out of working backstage at a Panto. I keep smiling at double entrendre... oo er missus. An in out mandate - I'll have one of those. (Says the dame).
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                There will be a "Soft Brexit" with the UK half hanging out the EU but with a promise of a "Hard Brexit" later on, and so the "Soft Brexiteers" will be happy that there is a "Soft Brexit" and the "Hard Brexiteers" will be happy because they will think that "Hard Brexit" will happen sometime in the future, and the UK will live happily ever after.

...on the other hand it could be that the electorate gets p**ed off and votes out the government and so a future Lib/Lab coalition makes the "Soft Brexit" permanent.

I think this is where we're heading, probably in about two elections time.

My bet is there will be NO Brexit. The Supreme court are going to come back with a whopper of a judgement that will stop Brexit dead. It may be a 'Tartan veto' saying the scots parliment must approve article 50 being invoked or it may be a judgement that says all EU law must be replaced with UK law before article 50 can be invoked. Either way, however they do it, I expect the learned judges to block Brexit and that will trigger a right ol constitutional mess!

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
                  My bet is there will be NO Brexit. The Supreme court are going to come back with a whopper of a judgement that will stop Brexit dead. It may be a 'Tartan veto' saying the scots parliment must approve article 50 being invoked or it may be a judgement that says all EU law must be replaced with UK law before article 50 can be invoked. Either way, however they do it, I expect the learned judges to block Brexit and that will trigger a right ol constitutional mess!
                  [emoji33]

Comment

Theresa May "carefully considering" Nicola's Sturgeon's plan to remain in the Single Market.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/811177309663268864

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                      Theresa May "carefully considering" Nicola's Sturgeon's plan to remain in the Single Market.
                      Single Market means that EU law is Supreme, plus free movement of people.

So, Single Market means no Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X