• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Just observing that Sterling is down a whole 4% against the Euro since Independence Vote Day. I wonder if the likes of Unilever are going to return the 6% increase on prices they claimed was due to Brexit or if we are going to let them get away with massive profiteering.
    The relevant issue is how much it has fallen against the dollar since that is the currency that global trading is mostly conducted in.

FFS the level of ignorance of the average Brexiter is astonishing.

Keep an eye on oil prices, if those go up, inflation will rocket since virtually every product relies to some extent on oil.
    Last edited by sasguru; 11 December 2016, 11:06.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Wit 0/10, Erudition 0/10, Intelligence 3/10. Try again. (You, not Gandhi). Anyway, I thought you'd already won?
      oh you noticed we won. Is this remainers finally coming out of the denial phase?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        oh you noticed we won.
        Winning the referendum is the very definition of a pyrrhic victory.
        But there does seem to be some justice in the world as the effects will mostly be felt by the so called winners.
        Really looking forward to hard Brexit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          The relevant issue is how much it has fallen against the dollar since that is the currency that global trading is mostly conducted in.

FFS the level of ignorance of the average Brexiter is astonishing.
          I've been reading the comments section of a Brexit article in the Sunday Times. Makes our lot look smart.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          oh you noticed we won. Is this remainers finally coming out of the denial phase?
          I don't think anyone has ever expressed doubt that the referendum was won by the leavers. If Britain in five years time is a prosperous, happy nation - and I hope it is - then you can say you've won the argument.

I'm still waiting for a decent Brexit parody. Or is really true you're all humourless fick dullards? Surely not.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The public will not accept a Brexit that will leave them worse off

Good luck with that.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've been reading the comments section of a Brexit article in the Sunday Times. Makes our lot look smart.

I don't think anyone has ever expressed doubt that the referendum was won by the leavers. If Britain in five years time is a prosperous, happy nation - and I hope it is - then you can say you've won the argument.

I'm still waiting for a decent Brexit parody. Or is really true you're all humourless fick dullards? Surely not.
              Not so fast.....lets face it, Britain is heading for a Norway solution, so you won't be able to tell much difference between before and after Brexit, that's why the pound has recovered.

I predict Britain will be fairly prosperous and there won't be armageddon, and the Brexiteers will cling to their "token" concessions as having won back sovereignty and Britain will live happily ever after.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

This is the way I see it, brexit is the course we are set upon; and it's important for Britain that it is a success.

Whilst it is important to ensure that our course is well planned and enacted, a constant negative handicap is not what we need.

Seems to be a huge amount of cut your nose of to spite your face. But it is Team UK now; we should all be constructive to make that a success.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  This is the way I see it, brexit is the course we are set upon; and it's important for Britain that it is a success.
                  Of course. Now, if you could only define the criteria for success...
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Of course. Now, if you could only define the criteria for success...
                    Well I'm not a fan of the Swiss model (although Liechtenstein does have a FoM opt out).

Success to me would be no single market, no customs union, no FOM and an agreed flat levy of say 5% each way.

Face saved all round, whilst still keeping things reasonable.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Well I'm not a fan of the Swiss model (although Liechtenstein does have a FoM opt out).

Success to me would be no single market, no customs union, no FOM and an agreed flat levy of say 5% each way.

Face saved all round, whilst still keeping things reasonable.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X