• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reimbursing backdated expenses after giving notice? Please help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brother52 View Post
    Contracting is just a word I use. Technically and legally it is delivery of services by the employer. There were quite a few restrictions on work I was able to do because of that and I don't suppose it would be dangerous to talk to HMRC, but thanks for pointing it out.
    It's kind of important which word you use. This is a contractor forum. If it isn't contracting then we are not really the best people to help you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      It's kind of important which word you use. This is a contractor forum. If it isn't contracting then we are not really the best people to help you.
      Can't see he'd have much use for an umbrella company if he wasn't a contractor
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        Can't see he'd have much use for an umbrella company if he wasn't a contractor
        Well he does say

Technically and legally it is delivery of services by the employer.
        So sounds a little more complicate and/or different to a standard contractor-umbrella engagement hence maybe not the place to be.

Dunk that in your tea missus!!

Comment

Well he does say

So sounds a little more complicate and/or different to a standard contractor-umbrella engagement hence maybe not the place to be.

Dunk that in your tea missus!!
          To be honest I think it's exactly the same as a normal umbrella arrangement with just a little bit of rule bending going on. I don't have any tea - no-one's made me one today

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Well he does say

Or, he knows that he is here illegally and won't admit it.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              To be honest I think it's exactly the same as a normal umbrella arrangement with just a little bit of rule bending going on. I don't have any tea - no-one's made me one today
              Awwww... Here you go...

Comment

Awwww... Here you go...

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

The guy who sits next to me forgot his lunch money the other day, so I lent him a fiver. He's gone on holiday for 2 weeks without paying me back and my heart is trying to climb out of my chest.

If I had £20k of expenses that I hadn't bothered to claim as soon as I'd incurred them, I'd explode.

Comment

Originally posted by brother52 View Post
                    over £20K of legitimate accomodation expenses that I have not yet claimed, dating back to 2011
                    WTF?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                      Or, he knows that he is here illegally and won't admit it.
                      I was going to say the op is more aware of the validity of his status than anybody else.

but there is a touch of weirdness. If the op is legitimately a t2 then this is salaried. In this position the legitimate exps would of course be usually additional, not part of the payment.

It does have a bit of a whiff, certainly seems the employer is embarking on some creativity around the regs.

Comment

Working...
                      X