• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Max "Tax free" div come April 6th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Martin and Martin.

Will have a think about the suggestions.

ContraTax? Mainly tax planning for rebels in Nicaragua?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Thanks Martin and Martin.

Will have a think about the suggestions.

ContraTax? Mainly tax planning for rebels in Nicaragua?
      No problem Scrag!

Tax planning for rebels in Nicaragua, now that's a gap in the market for sure! Actually, I think I'll stick to contractor accounting.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
        You might want to take a read of the following BIM45700 - Specific deductions - interest: Withdrawal of capital from a business and in particular example 2.

By your logic, you are implying that if you purchase a rental property outright for cash i.e. LTV of 0% you can never take out a mortgage on it and get a deduction for interest payments which is clearly wrong.

The LTV when purchased is irrelevant, you need to be looking at the capital account of the owner when first made available to rent. In essence you can remortgage up to the market value when first rented and still receive a deduction for interest payments.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Martin
        Contratax Ltd
        Of course the loan doesnt have to be secured on the rental property either. It can come from anywhere, but needs a paper trail.

restructuring finances on the residential property can prove beneficial to gain tax relief and a lower rate compared with btl mortgage.

Comment

No problem Scrag!

Tax planning for rebels in Nicaragua, now that's a gap in the market for sure! Actually, I think I'll stick to contractor accounting.

Martin
          Contratax Ltd
          Judging by the posts here the rebels probably have a better grasp on their finances than most contractors.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 26 February 2014, 11:00.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The LTV when purchased is irrelevant, you need to be looking at the capital account of the owner when first made available to rent.
            Apologies, rushed post (now edited), thank you anyway for the needless explanation.

In essence you can remortgage up to the market value when first rented and still receive a deduction for interest payments.
            I doubt this is possible unless the market value of the property has increased significantly (at least 33.33%) as a BTL mortgage usually requires at least 75% LTV.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
              Apologies, rushed post (now edited), thank you anyway for the needless explanation.

I doubt this is possible unless the market value of the property has increased significantly (at least 33.33%) as a BTL mortgage usually requires at least 75% LTV.
              you can if you increased your current mortgage for the deposit....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X