• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to put Share capital on Corp Tax Return?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put Share capital on Corp Tax Return?

...ooops...I think the discrepancy is nothing to do with share capital
    Last edited by Olly; 1 January 2014, 22:32. Reason: ...wrong question

Originally posted by Olly View Post
    Hi, I'm filling in the online (downloaded PDF) corporation tax return and have a question about where to enter the share capital on the form otherwise I can't balance Retained Profit (Box AC218) with Total assets less current liabilities (Box AC62).

I guess first of all I don't really understand the difference between Authorised and Allotted.
    In previous Director's Reports prepared by an account we have:

Share capital
    Authorised:
    Ordinary (Nominal value £1 each) 1,000 of = £1000

Allotted, called up and fully paid:
    Ordinary (Nominal value £1 each) 100 of = £100

Net current assets £96,799
    Net assets £96,799

Capital and reserves
    Called up share capital £100
    Profit and loss account £96,699

Shareholders' funds £96,799

Now I've added the £100 in the called up share capital section of the form but it doesn't seem to be taken into consideration when comparing retained profit to total assets
    Please can you help me figure it out?
    Thanks
    I'll save NLUK a job and ask you have you asked your accountant?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'll save NLUK a job and ask you have you asked your accountant?
      That'll wind him up
      As usual, I reserve the right to ignore NLUK, and I suppose that will need to extend to replies by proxy.
      Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        That'll wind him up
        As usual, I reserve the right to ignore NLUK, and I suppose that will need to extend to replies by proxy.
        Thanks though.
        You seem to have the idea that share capital is retained profit.....

As I said in jest before if you don't know what you are doing get an accountant....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You seem to have the idea that share capital is retained profit.....

As I said in jest before if you don't know what you are doing get an accountant....
            The CT600 online form checks that the numbers in the two boxes are the same which is what I'm trying to do. I'm perm now. This is the last corp tax return I need to do and it's this single question that's holding me back from submitting. It's not really a case of signing up with an accountant.

Comment

Working...
            X