• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flight Training = Business Expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
    I once flew with an accountant who said he would occasionally fly to client meetings and expense it through his business, because that was more 'efficient' than say driving cross country. On an accountants day rate perhaps that could be justified but in reality he was just pursuing his passion of a hobby.
    It probably works out if you billing expensive flights as a group instead - I worked with one consultancy who used to fly five of them in from Switzerland each week in the boss's plane, but billed five first class flights instead to make it worth their while.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
    X