• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wording on contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wording on contract

Hi all,

Am just about to complete a yearlong contract for a large organisation. They have recently consolidated there preferred supplier list and the agency I use is in no longer on the preferred supplier list.

My client wants to extend my contract and has agreed for me to use my existing agency as long as they use my clients payroll agent. (I will call AgencyX) This does not affect my daily rate and the client will absorb the payroll fee.

In my original contract it stated ”CLIENT : ABCInternational”. On my new unsigned contract is now states ”CLIENT : ABCInternational (working via AgencyX the client’s payroll agent)”

I don’t like the wording “working via” and “payroll” – it feels to me like I am being described as permanent employee of AgencyX

My agency say they cannot remove (working via AgencyX the client payroll agent) but are happy to reword it. They have suggest using the word “engage” instead of “via”

Any useful suggestions on wording that would be appropriate is appreciated.

If your concerns are with regard to IR35 then I don't think wording such as this will make a fundamental difference to your status provided your working practices put you outside
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Why don't you get it reviewed by the professionals like QDOS or B&C and sleep soundly?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X