• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pay Salary Yearly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay Salary Yearly

Hi All,

I have heard that it is possible to pay salary to yourself only once a year.

I am going to pay £7696 for 2013/14 tax year.

Not sure how to register for yearly payment with HMRC?

Could someone please advise?

Thanks,

This helps, just don't forget to register for RTI or get your account to do it
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

We had a really long thread on this quite recently. Let me see if I can find it.

It really should be your accountant answering this for you as it appears some will and some won't support it.

EDIT : Here you go.....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...y-advance.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

By "once a year", I assume you mean in advance, i.e. in April 2013 for the year 2013/14? The short answer is "no", not without it being a loan.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          By "once a year", I assume you mean in advance, i.e. in April 2013 for the year 2013/14? The short answer is "no", not without it being a loan.
          No, I ment to pay for 2013/14 on March 2014 whole amount £7696 to avoid montly/quatery NULL reports to HMRC.

Comment

It's not necessarily a loan, though it's probably an accrual in the books.

Employment income: basis of assessment for general earnings: the time when earnings are received: payments on account of earnings: general: director's drawings
            http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...advance-6.html

Comment

Originally posted by enteruk View Post
              No, I ment to pay for 2013/14 on March 2014 whole amount £7696 to avoid montly/quatery NULL reports to HMRC.
              Should be do-able on an annual PAYE scheme:

HM Revenue & Customs: When to report

Only slight hesitation is that I recall HMRC were suspending the registration for annual schemes.....

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Should be do-able on an annual PAYE scheme:

HM Revenue & Customs: When to report

Only slight hesitation is that I recall HMRC were suspending the registration for annual schemes.....
                That was reversed more recently - http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...eme-fixed.html

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                  Very useful info.

Comment

Thansk everyone, that's useful!

Comment

Working...
                    X