• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet disagreement with client - legal situation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its implied elsewhere that your contract is for a professional working day.

If it is then I think you are well and truly shafted as a professional working day really has no legal meaning and could be 7 hours (1 client), 8.5 (another) or flexible depending on that days needs (from 6-12).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

If it is then I think you are well and truly shafted as a professional working day really has no legal meaning and could be 7 hours (1 client), 8.5 (another) or flexible depending on that days needs (from 6-12).
      If the client agreed to pay 1.5 or 2 days for a 12 hour shift, then this is what they should pay. They have clearly accepted 12 hour shifts are NOT covered as a professional day, but extra cover required.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        If the client agreed to pay 1.5 or 2 days for a 12 hour shift, then this is what they should pay. They have clearly accepted 12 hour shifts are NOT covered as a professional day, but extra cover required.
        You assume that the op is more organised than I suspect him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Yep. BIG mistake on my part not getting it in writing.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yep. BIG mistake on my part not getting it in writing.
            You don't even have it in an email?

What about the fact they ARE paying you 1.5 days per shift on all the other occasions... that suggests they have agreed to it.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Client does not disagree with the hours worked but is disagreeing that they agreed to shift work that day. Basically, they did a rota (and I have email to prove it).
              Can you not use this?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Seems actually open-shut in the OP's favour. Either they pay as they promised for their cockup, or you refuse to work long shifts in future.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Seems actually open-shut in the OP's favour. Either they pay as they promised for their cockup, or you refuse to work long shifts in future.
                  Today's his last day and I doubt he'll be returning so the latter threat isn't much use.

Comment

Indeed is last day. Lets just say these little things have appeared out of the woodwork when the work is done and not before. Strange that.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

As I said before, you shouldn't bother arguing the toss with the client.

So long as you have evidence that the client wanted you to work that day and that you did indeed work that day then you submit your invoice and chase the agent for payment.

The agent then argues with the client, but since you are "Opt In", then based on work being requested and supplied you are owed that days pay from the agency.

The only alternative is that you shrug your shoulders and walk away.

Comment

Working...
                      X