• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent asking for a passport copy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent asking for a passport copy

I've been on the project for 6 months now (in fact the contract ends in three weeks) and suddenly the agent emails me asking for a copy of my passport. He also wouldn't say why he needs it. They're not my umbrella company either. All sounds rather weird. I dont feel comfortable giving it to him now

Perhaps he's just realised he didn't fully complete due diligence/money laundering checks when you first started and is starting to sweat a bit!

Comment

Ask him why. Send him a redacted black and white copy if you really want to. And point out that according to the Home Office a passport is not proof of anything unless you are stood there holding it.

Or ignore them; their admin is not your problem.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
        Perhaps he's just realised he didn't fully complete due diligence/money laundering checks when you first started and is starting to sweat a bit!
        Sounds like it to me. They are obliged to do this, check references and qualifications if you are Opted in. Even if you are opted out it would be fair for them to do some diligence and not provide people to clients that shouldn't be there. Sounds like they might be having an audit lol.

I wouldn't be too worried about supplying but ask him why if you are really nervous. He should be able to provide you info on his data protection policy if you really want to go the whole 9 yards.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Its incredible how many people want to see your passport these days - becoming ridiculous. I am being asked to show passport at registration for a race on Saturday night. FFS

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Its incredible how many people want to see your passport these days - becoming ridiculous. I am being asked to show passport at registration for a race on Saturday night. FFS
            That's racist.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
              That's racist.
              latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

I had that recently. Client asked me for my actual passport so they could send it off for CRB check. Ummm, no.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  I had that recently. Client asked me for my actual passport so they could send it off for CRB check. Ummm, no.
                  Are you sure the didn't ask for your actual passport so they can validate they have seen it and then send off for CRB rather than them actually send your passport? Either way I guess you have a really crap client again.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Are you sure the didn't ask for your actual passport so they can validate they have seen it and then send off for CRB rather than them actually send your passport? Either way I guess you have a really crap client again.
                    Client head office want to see it. As opposed to local people on site where I am.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X