• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company cars - seems to be a new rule in HMRC 480 since 2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    sure glasses guide trade price will do fine
    I am sure it won't when HMRC come to inspect.

Looks like you have this in your head and despite all the advice you still insist on trying to rob your company blind. This isn't the advice we give on here so if you are so sure about it just go and do it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I am sure it won't when HMRC come to inspect.

Looks like you have this in your head and despite all the advice you still insist on trying to rob your company blind. This isn't the advice we give on here so if you are so sure about it just go and do it.
      Well I posted this to tap into the experience of people who might have gone down this path and it seems that nobody has that wants to talk about it.

Besides, lots of companies use glasses guide trade price for disposal - I have seen it happen in companies I have worked for so I don't think HMRC will be interested really. Even if I didn't buy the vehicle myself from the Ltd co if I sell to a dealer they will not pay more than glasses trade price.

So the company is not going to be robbed in fact by not getting a high depreciation car I am balancing mine and the company's interests.

IMHO.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Well I posted this to tap into the experience of people who might have gone down this path and it seems that nobody has that wants to talk about it.
        There are a couple of posters in the past who have had company cars through their companies. Their roles involved using the car during the day to get to many different sites including in middle of fields.

In addition instead of asking loads of questions on here they bothered to go and talk to an accountant who they paid.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          There are a couple of posters in the past who have had company cars through their companies. Their roles involved using the car during the day to get to many different sites including in middle of fields.

In addition instead of asking loads of questions on here they bothered to go and talk to an accountant who they paid.
          Which is what I am doing now as part of setting up Ltd Co thanks!

My only intention on posting here was to see if anyone was re-imbursing private mileage to reduce BIK.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

IMHO.
            Plenty of people wanted to talk about it. They said it isn't worth it. The fact no one has any experience really is the answer. If this was a clean cut example to save money we would all be doing it so the silence speaks volumes.. but you have obviously decided to ignore that advice and are convinced it is worth it... so go fill your boots.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X