• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL practitioner options, what about SJD Insolvency Services ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL practitioner options, what about SJD Insolvency Services ?

Hi all,

Long time reader, but first time poster. Interested in MVL practitioner. Seems MVL Online's become the reference in a few months. But wonder why there's so little about the competitors. For instance, I could not find anything about SJD Insolvency Services on CUK. Anyone knows about them / used them before ? How did it go ?
    Here is their web page : w ww.sjdaccountancy.com/about-us/sjd-insolvency-services
    Also, it seems that Philip Beck, their practitioner, has his own page there : w ww.freeivaadvice.co.uk/MVL_Cost.htm

Surprised I could not find any reference about SJD Insolvency Services on CUK, considering SJD is one of the biggest specialized accountant on the street...

Thanks,

Mate

Not surprising at all, considering that SJD Insolvency has been discussed in these fora.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...mvlonline.html

Maybe you just need to look a little harder...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi Cojak,

Thanks for your response. I'd read that thread. Unless I'm missing something, post #3 is only referring to an SJD quote - I hear it's now dropped to 2K+VAT + disbursements now.
      I was more after feedback and possibly comparison with MVLOnline.

Thanks,

Mate

Comment

Ah, right you are.

I guess that more people will use them now they've dropped their prices.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by mate View Post
          Hi Cojak,

Thanks for your response. I'd read that thread. Unless I'm missing something, post #3 is only referring to an SJD quote - I hear it's now dropped to 2K+VAT + disbursements now.
          I was more after feedback and possibly comparison with MVLOnline.

Thanks,

Mate
          That is approx. the quote I have if I do close down, with no additional costs from SJS in their role as my current accountant to close company down.

Comment

cheers
            Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 7 June 2013, 14:32.
            I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Thanks, anyone else considered SJD/has used SJD for MVL ? All feedback very much appreciated.

Mate

Comment

Hi,

We are an in house service, at a set fee of £2K+disb+VAT
                http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Nixon Williams do the same for £1495, they have a calculator to work out the best route for you,

Last edited by Contractor UK; 31 July 2021, 14:47.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

MVL online

Service offered by MVL Online is fantastic. Prompt, efficient and very professional. Everything was explained, forms produced, filings taken care of and all for a very reasonable £998+VAT and disbursements. Couldn't be happier with their service.

Comment

Working...
                    X