• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MVL practitioner options, what about SJD Insolvency Services ?"

Collapse

• Queenie
    replied
    mvl online

One word : Efficiency

Just recently completed my MVL with mvlonline, the whole process took approx. 3 months.
    First distribution (75%) was made 3 weeks after appointment and everything went easily and smoothly, from start to finish.

Chris is always helpful and knows how to keep things simple.
    I can't recommend his service highly enough!

Leave a comment:

• mate
    replied
    Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for sharing experience/insight. Anyone else used or considered SJD Insolvency Services to complete their MVL ?

Mate

Leave a comment:

• alphadog
    replied
    mvlonline

Originally posted by ake View Post
    Completed MVL process today using MVLonline.co.uk, whole process took just under 3 months
    Overall I am extremely satisfied with the service I have received by MVLonline.
    Appointed them after reading positive feedback on CUK and am glad I did that.

Chris was always prompt and helpful with all the quires on phone and emails

I would strongly recommend MVLonline.co.uk to anyone who wishes to go through MVL route.

Just completed my MVL with mvlonline and I echo these comments entirely.

They offer the cheapest MVL service in the market at the moment, as far as I can tell. Also, it's very efficient, as transparent as they can reasonably be, good communication, and I've got the cash in my hot little hands... only question is, what do I do with the cash now that I've got it?!

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
    I can see the benefits of performing the work in-house; however doing it this way is not necessarily best practice.

The code of ethics for Insolvency Practitioners states that IPs should be independent from their clients in order to avoid any conflict of interest, section 270 of ACCA’s Insolvency Code of Ethics identifies on-going and previous relationships as being a common threat to objectivity. http://www.accaglobal.co.uk/content/...hical_code.pdf

Craig
    Which is exactly why we've set it up in the way in which we have.

Leave a comment:

• Craig at Nixon Williams
    replied
    Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
    No Craig, it isn't the same. Because we work in house on these it means the whole process is seamless, we can control the communications, and have one point of contact for our clients. Bit different to farming them out to an unrelated 3rd party I'm sure you will agree...
    I can see the benefits of performing the work in-house; however doing it this way is not necessarily best practice.

The code of ethics for Insolvency Practitioners states that IPs should be independent from their clients in order to avoid any conflict of interest, section 270 of ACCA’s Insolvency Code of Ethics identifies on-going and previous relationships as being a common threat to objectivity. http://www.accaglobal.co.uk/content/...hical_code.pdf

Craig

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    What you are doing is essentially the same – you have teamed up with an insolvency practitioner (who has a separate business and I assume was not affiliated to SJD previously) to carry out the liquidations. The fact that he is performing the liquidations through a company which you each have a stake doesn’t mean that SJD are actually performing the liquidations.

Craig
    No Craig, it isn't the same. Because we work in house on these it means the whole process is seamless, we can control the communications, and have one point of contact for our clients. Bit different to farming them out to an unrelated 3rd party I'm sure you will agree...

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    cheese
    Last edited by ELBBUBKUNPS; 7 June 2013, 14:31.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
    On the contrary Craig, we set ours up in house with an IP partner so we could keep control over the process.
    What you are doing is essentially the same – you have teamed up with an insolvency practitioner (who has a separate business and I assume was not affiliated to SJD previously) to carry out the liquidations. The fact that he is performing the liquidations through a company which you each have a stake doesn’t mean that SJD are actually performing the liquidations.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• ake
    replied
    MVLonline

Completed MVL process today using MVLonline.co.uk, whole process took just under 3 months
    Overall I am extremely satisfied with the service I have received by MVLonline.
    Appointed them after reading positive feedback on CUK and am glad I did that.

Chris was always prompt and helpful with all the quires on phone and emails

I would strongly recommend MVLonline.co.uk to anyone who wishes to go through MVL route.

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    MVLs need to be carried out by a licensed insolvency practitioner, this is a separate qualification from accountancy and so it is necessary to send them on to a third party. I suspect that most contractor accountants offering MVLs have a similar set up.

In order to raise any concerns with the insolvency practitioner that we use, I would be grateful if you could urge your friend to contact us about their experience.

Thanks
    Craig
    On the contrary Craig, we set ours up in house with an IP partner so we could keep control over the process.

Leave a comment:

replied
    MVLs need to be carried out by a licensed insolvency practitioner, this is a separate qualification from accountancy and so it is necessary to send them on to a third party. I suspect that most contractor accountants offering MVLs have a similar set up.

In order to raise any concerns with the insolvency practitioner that we use, I would be grateful if you could urge your friend to contact us about their experience.

Thanks
    Craig

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Nixon Williams do the same for £1495, they have a calculator to work out the best route for you,
    cheeze
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 31 July 2021, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

• NeilT
    replied
    MVL online

Service offered by MVL Online is fantastic. Prompt, efficient and very professional. Everything was explained, forms produced, filings taken care of and all for a very reasonable £998+VAT and disbursements. Couldn't be happier with their service.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Nixon Williams do the same for £1495, they have a calculator to work out the best route for you,

Last edited by Contractor UK; 31 July 2021, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsjdaccountancy
    replied
    Hi,

We are an in house service, at a set fee of £2K+disb+VAT

Leave a comment:

Working...
X