• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Membership an allowable company expense?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG Membership an allowable company expense?

I've been told by my accountant that membership of the PCG is not allowed by HMRC as an allowable company expense (and as such has to be paid for personally)? Can anyone confirm if this is this definitely the case?

Originally posted by kal View Post
    I've been told by my accountant that membership of the PCG is not allowed by HMRC as an allowable company expense (and as such has to be paid for personally)? Can anyone confirm if this is this definitely the case?
    I stuck it through...
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Long discussion on it in the thread below but the post most worthy of not is on page 4 where Mal admits he is wrong. Worth the research for that lone

As the argument got so convoluted I can't make it out but it appears you can pay for it through the company but can't offset it against CT and it will incur BiK.

It's an old link so something might have changed...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...5-expense.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Newer discussion on it here...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...embership.html
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Cheers NLUK, that makes sense. Marries up with what my accountant said regarding the PCG membership with respect to CGT and BIK.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
            Get on the PCG forums and read the recent thread in Legal and Accounting. There is all the detail you could ever want in there.

You may also note the later thread also agrees with my original assertion regarding BIKs...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What I will say is regardless of how much it is, it's worth it's weight in Gold so glad I signed up for the Plus membership
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
              X