• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salary amount

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salary amount

I wonder how many get the minimum salary £8,100 p.a from their Ltd and how many go above e.g. around £12K per anum?
    £8,100
    47.62%
    Above £8,100
    47.62%
    None, no salary just divs
    4.76%

In the past I had the minimum salary £8,100 but new accountant recommending going up to 12 K to avoid IR35 investigation

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      but new accountant recommending going up to 12 K to avoid IR35 investigation
      I'd love to hear the justification for that.

Comment

In the past I had the minimum salary £8,100 but new accountant recommending going up to 12 K to avoid IR35 investigation
        Not quite the same reason, no IR35 anyway but a "pointer" HMRC use for random investigations. At the end of the day an investigation would give the accountant a headache so if you and them can avoid one....well why not?

GE

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
          I'd love to hear the justification for that.
          Basically its stats, if you are paying the minimum your chances of being investigates is 1 in 7 if you are paying above, the chances are 1 in 20 - or so am told... its up to me at the end, that was just an advise, I just wondered what the majority here thinks? Also if any accountants around to shed some light?

Comment

And what has this got to do with your employment status?

You should have a good understanding of both IR35 and your companies finances so you can make an informed decision on both when the need arises. Not just blindly take on what they are telling you.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Basically its stats, if you are paying the minimum your chances of being investigates is 1 in 7 if you are paying above, the chances are 1 in 20 - or so am told... its up to me at the end, that was just an advise, I just wondered what the majority here thinks? Also if any accountants around to shed some light?
              I think that is utter rubbish.

1 in 7 my arse.... There are over a million freelances. So you think they can carry out 143k investigations on us alone? Let alone all the other sectors, types of work, companies.. yadda yadda..

Sounds like the accountant is pulling your leg because he finds if funny IMO..

He doesn't happen to charge extras for IR35 protection or anything?

Comment

The amount you can pay yourself, the reasons why and people opinions have been discussed many times.

SOme of the threads in the search might help you...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pa...w=1280&bih=939

Comment

I started with 12K and my accountant recommended going to £8,100 saying that it made no difference to IR35.

(I have more than £8,100 btw.)
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Dear NLUK you made your point in every single post anyone posted, now please stay away and refrain from replying.

Again this is an accounting forum and I will/shall ask any questions that I do not know the answer to whether you like it or not, so you will not put me off asking with your bullying tactics.

Thanks for the link, will look at it but this is a Poll. So vote please.

Comment

Working...
                    X