• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Corporate Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Corporate Card

It looks like I will be having to book a number of client reimbursable flights and so was wondering which corp cards offer the best incentives.

What do the panel use?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    It looks like I will be having to book a number of client reimbursable flights and so was wondering which corp cards offer the best incentives.

What do the panel use?
    I've got a Cater Allen Visa but it's not cashback or anything. But the expenses don't have to be booked on a corporate card do they? I know a lot of people put business expenses through their personal cards, claim it back from the company and keep the points/miles/rewards/cashback for themselves.

I'd say go for one of the cashback cards, these points/miles/rewards cards are a pile of tulip in my experience. Cashback is real money in your pocket not some pie in the sky where they move the goalposts all the time. Check out Money Saving Expert and get some advice from the cashback whores there.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

My accountant advised it would be ok for me to pay for them and then expense it back to the LTD and then invoice it to the client which gave me free reign on what card I used. Client preferred hotels were Intercontinental and Marriott so got a Priority Credit card along with my priority points account I already and also got a Lufthansa Miles and More card as the preferred carriers were all Star Alliance.

Stick to one card and use them properly it is amazing how the points rack up. 2 points per pound spent in the hotels on top of the points per stay plus the points spent on the flights etc...

Have a look at the site below. It shows who accepts what scheme. It is incredible who will use what. Also shows who you can transfer your points to. If you don't want a hotel AND flying card you can transfer all your points to the Miles and More.

Priority Club : Frequent Flyer Programs and other Loyalty Programs

for example look at all the places that accept the Miles and More cards.

Lufthansa Miles & More : Frequent Flyer Programs and other Loyalty Programs

Also... If you do ever find yourself with 3 or 4 different reward cards with different providors have a look at the site below.. Put the card you have in one side, the card you want all your points on the right and it will tell you how to go about transfering all your points. Some can be 3 or 4 hops which is a pain in the ass and devalues the points to virtually nothing but interesting none the less.

Mileage Converter - WebFlyer :: The Frequent Flyer Authority
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        I've got a Cater Allen Visa but it's not cashback or anything. But the expenses don't have to be booked on a corporate card do they? I know a lot of people put business expenses through their personal cards, claim it back from the company and keep the points/miles/rewards/cashback for themselves.

I'd say go for one of the cashback cards, these points/miles/rewards cards are a pile of tulip in my experience. Cashback is real money in your pocket not some pie in the sky where they move the goalposts all the time. Check out Money Saving Expert and get some advice from the cashback whores there.
        That is true but I have stuck all mine on Priority points over the years, and have a number of nights a year in hotels a year for it. Alot more than if I had got cashback and paid the hotels but no use if you don't stay away a lot.

If I stopped the hotels one I would take a look at something like Tesco. The rates on the cashback can drop to almost nothing if you spend alot.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not really answering the OPs question, but.... +1 on the Priority Club; I've found that to be a pretty well-organized and fairly generous scheme over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That is true but I have stuck all mine on Priority points over the years, and have a number of nights a year in hotels a year for it. Alot more than if I had got cashback and paid the hotels but no use if you don't stay away a lot.
            Yeah, true enough. If you get right into it and figure out how to work the often bzantine awards system then you can possibly get something out of it. Air miles in particular are a bit of a con because they lump you with massive taxes and "charges" (like fuel surcharge) and it can be next to impossible to redeem them because there are so few award seats available.

I guess my problem is that I rarely travel on business but I travel a lot for leisure so I just go with whoever is cheapest. I also end up in wacky places and I don't often stay in the 5* hotel chain hotels anyway so I never really get that many points/miles/rewards from any one airline or hotel chain.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
            X