• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suing for non-payment of invoice, advice wanted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    There's always someone who'll post that payontime link, but it's entirely useless IMO.
    Yep, those template letters, interest calculators, guides on checking credit worthiness, FAQs, etc etc etc....totally useless cos everybody already knows all of that

Comment

The one time I had an outstanding debt, I followed the advice on payontime and got my money. I also got fairly quick responses to a couple of queries via email.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
        Yep, those template letters, interest calculators, guides on checking credit worthiness, FAQs, etc etc etc....totally useless cos everybody already knows all of that
        I just meant aside from the legal stuff about interest etc., all that site tells you is what should be common sense. And if you can't write a letter, you've no business being in business.

I think the letter that Lovetts sent on my behalf cost me £2. £2! If you've already contacted the client a couple of times without success, as happened to me, there seems little point following the payontime advice and sending another more formal letter. Just progress straight to the solicitor's letter to show that you're serious. But YMMV.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Fair enough. £2 for a letter though?! Now that is a surprise, I would have expected at least one zero on the end of that, if not two!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I just meant aside from the legal stuff about interest etc., all that site tells you is what should be common sense. And if you can't write a letter, you've no business being in business.
            Fair enough, we are (unsurprisingly) big fans of the site so we will stand down from defcon 3

But you would be surprised by the amount of business people we talk to on a daily basis who could benefit immensely from reading the "common sense" stuff over at Payontime...
            The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Working...
            X