• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant recommendation

Hi all,

Please could I have some opinions on a good accountant for an IT contractor?

Many thanks,

J

So far, I've found Nixon Williams and Brookson

Any opinions/recommendations based on these 2.

Comment

NothernladUK has a link of a list of accountants that are recommended. Personally, I'd ring around a few and see how you feel when speaking to them.

Happy hunting!
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

I'm with SJD and am very happy, not cheap but really good service. InTouch are very helpful on here, especially Clare, so also get my vote and lots of people rate Nixon Williams too.

Comment

Here is a thread I put together of all the accountant recommendation threads we get (and there is a lot of them)

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html

Google also brings back stuff like

Directory of Contractor Accountants - accountancy services providers for IT contractors :: Contractor UK

or you could look at the ContractorUK awards list

CUK Reader Awards 2011 - at a glance :: Contractor UK

Try having a loot at this thread. It explains how to search the forums so you don't have to ask the same questions that have been asked over and over.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My advice call a few accountants and see which one offers the best service for your company.

Make sure to ask that there are no add on fees for payroll or self assessment.

Good luck

Comment

Hi Jack

Mod note: Hi Scott,

Please read the T&Cs of this forum. No blatant advertising. If you want to change your login to [email protected] however ask Admin and he will happily oblige.

Kind regards

Scott

Comment

Agreed here Jack, make a few calls and make enquiries to see which one sounds best to you

Comment

Our accountant was a recommendation from another IT Contractor, he's based in Manchester - Gordon Levy Accountants

GE

Comment

Working...
                  X