• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank account with bad credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank account with bad credit

How do you open a business account with bad personel credit?

Go into your local branch and ask to speak with someone who can tell you if they can offer you one? Or simply apply for one and see what happens?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Go into your local branch and ask to speak with someone who can tell you if they can offer you one? Or simply apply for one and see what happens?
      Tried on-line application and was declined!

Comment

You'll need to see someone face-to-face and explain how you are going to manage your business finances better than you managed your personal ones.

Either that or stay perm, pay your bills and try again in 5 years time.

For the OP's benefit, is there any bank out there who'd give him a basic business account (no credit cards, just somewhere to park his company's money?)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do you have to have a business account to use an umbrella? Assuming he wants to contract rather than posting a generic business question here, that would be an option while he repairs his credit.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cameron2 View Post
            How do you open a business account with bad personel credit?
            Depends how bad. CCJ? More than one? Bankrupt? Admin Order?

Applying online with any bad marks are likely to generate a refusal. Do it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Do you have to have a business account to use an umbrella? Assuming he wants to contract rather than posting a generic business question here, that would be an option while he repairs his credit.
              This is probably one of those rare occasions when you should use an umbrella.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                This is probably one of those rare occasions when you should use an umbrella.
                Or an LLP, no need for a Business Bank account there either.

Comment

Pretty much all banks have the option to give you a basic bank account regardless of credit history, although it's extremely rare they advertise them. Often staff will not know they can use a different form, so ask for the manger. You mostly need to apply in person and apply for the basic option, standard applications (like net applications) are for non-basic accounts, after refusal they will not offer you the step down unless you ask.

There is no need for a third party or additional costs. Although these guys often simply know of many more banks to apply to, often small operations serving minority religious groups.

Business accounts are very similar except many will ask for a float of cash to open a minimum balance.

The main exception is for people convicted of financial fraud.

If you are genuinely not able to open a bank account, with a fraud conviction, there are still roads open to you opening a business, and full business bank account, although it's costly.

Basic bank accounts will not offer credit or guarantees, terms are different, some usual business services will be more expensive ro not available.
                  Last edited by Mose; 29 September 2012, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    You'll need to see someone face-to-face and explain how you are going to manage your business finances better than you managed your personal ones.

Either that or stay perm, pay your bills and try again in 5 years time.

For the OP's benefit, is there any bank out there who'd give him a basic business account (no credit cards, just somewhere to park his company's money?)
                    Untruthful eh Mose?

So could you name some for the OP's benefit, as I asked before?

Comment

Working...
                    X