• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Splitting If Not Married

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Don't be so sure. I drfit between senior management and strategic service architecture roles depending on what's available. Even on my rates I would earn more - even after tax - as a permie, with starting salaries around £95k and a decent package and being paid 12 months a year plus holidays.

Doing it my way I get to have a month off to visit friends in New Zealand when I fancy it. I don't have to worry about career paths, promotions, politics and peer envy. I definitely don't have to deal with Human Remains and all that personnel rubbish. I work in many and varied clients, ranging from banks to governments to mobile phone companies to manufacturing. I have a constant refresh on my knowledge and get to meet some seriously interesting challenges. I can work 6 months a year and still pay the paper bill. I make my own decisions and am rarely, if ever, under anyone else's control (they only think they are).

It's called being content.
    Mal content?
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Of course it's fine - you go for it. Your accountant and HMRC are wrong.

I do love the way people argue with those who explain the rules. It ain't us wot makes them.

Do what you like with your eyes open, and argue with HMRC if/when they come a-knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
        But so much of what we do is artifical - We take a small salary and dividend on purpose to minimise our tax - We work through companies when we are really nothing more then disguised employees
        Yes. It is a bit dodgy, isn't it?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X