• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    82 now.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Debt to asset ratio of 0.66, at H1 2015 commodity prices perfectly alright, but needs to come down with commodity prices.

realistic worst case - significant restructuring leading to a company that is about half the value was at the beginning. Investecs worthless valuation was with lots of "ifs and buts" attached.

Wouldn't rule out bankruptcy, but looking at their balance sheet, they do have millions of tons of minerals they can flog

I don't buy into the possibility that a clever financial analyst is going ask a clever question at the press conference which shows their millions of tons of Zinc an copper reserves are worthless.

JP Morgan and Morga Stanley have just stumped up 2 billion for the share issue, precisely because of their millions of tons of mineral assets.
      It's a big play on China. China catches a cold, Glencore dies of pneumonia.

Comment

81 and sinking

Good game this. Beats Unit Testing. I got out at 78, btw, for future smugness or schadenfreude.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          81 and sinking

Good game this. Beats Unit Testing. I got out at 78, btw, for future smugness or schadenfreude.
          Arseholes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It's a big play on China. China catches a cold, Glencore dies of pneumonia.
            No die, I don't think so, shrink yes.

Don't see Copper going below 2 as there will be a mass shut down of mines, like there was with oil rigs.

Oil has now turned the corner I reckon, copper still has a few months, the copper mine shut down began in Summer.

They're all getting pretty serious about that now, as Copper moves towards 2 that will accelerate as "2" is like oil at 40$ a barrel, it's very painful.

But of course I might be completely wrong

I agree oil and commodities will stay low for a long while but not at bankruptcy prices.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yes, yes, I see it now. This share is skyward bound ...

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Yes, yes, I see it now. This share is skyward bound ...

When you're lying in the gutter, all you can see is the stars

Comment

When you're lying in the gutter, all you can see is the stars
                  "I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London"

-- Werner von Braun
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    At what point would you have bought this FTSE dividend stalwart with hundreds of prime retail shops on its books?

Back in the early 80's I took Economics at 'O' Level, part of the lesson involved trawling through copies of this weeks FT & doing virtual share trading

I bought Woolworths about 2 weeks before the Paternoster(Kingfisher) takeover was announced, share price went through the roof (something like 4x)

If only it was that easy, maybe I should invest 10K, I'm almost guaranteed to make 100K

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Wouldn't rule out bankruptcy, but looking at their balance sheet, they do have millions of tons of minerals they can flog
                      Yes that sure won't have any effect on the commodity market

Comment

Working...
                      X