• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On me 'ed! On me 'ed!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Must admit when I bought wasn't aware of how indebted they were
      Its outside my normal comfort zone also; their model depends heavily on trading for which they need to borrow, if they lose their BBB rating, which looks increasingly possible, the future does not look good, if they don't then the shares look very cheap. Bit of a punt, but I'm in for a few more....
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Glencore plans to reduce net debt

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Share issue!!!

Comment

It's a Vegas laugh said th Queen of Spades but don't tell it to a poor man

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Its outside my normal comfort zone also; their model depends heavily on trading for which they need to borrow, if they lose their BBB rating, which looks increasingly possible, the future does not look good, if they don't then the shares look very cheap. Bit of a punt, but I'm in for a few more....
              Absolutely, they just need to keep the BBB rating until the Copper market turns, just need to be patient...

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Should be enough.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Why such a big company does not have it's own shareholder capital sufficient for operations without paying commercial lending rates to banks and being dependent on rating agencies???

It does not compute.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Why such a big company does not have it's own shareholder capital sufficient for operations without paying commercial lending rates to banks and being dependent on rating agencies???

It does not compute.
                  Indeed that's why the company has lost over half of it's value

But some of us think, that the company isn't "that bad", and we think it's now been oversold.

I'm not saying we're right, it's a "punt".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Indeed that's why the company has lost over half of it's value But some of us think, that the company isn't "that bad", and we think it's now been oversold.
                    I'm not saying we're right, it's a "punt".
                    Are you using any leverage in buying those shares, ie marginal trade?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Are you using any leverage in buying those shares, ie marginal trade?
                      No, putting cash to work.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X