• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy (minimum level £1 million)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy (minimum level £1 million)

Just had an offer in from an agency with a requirement for 'Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy (minimum level £1 million)'.

This seems a bit high compared to previous two contracts (£125,000 and £250,000).

Currently insured with Hiscox but this knocks premiums up to over £800.

Anyone know of any other options that come with a personal recommendation ?

(Note to NLUK - I can look up insurers on Google myself, it's personal experiences or recommendations I'm looking for !!)
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

QDOS

Comment

You don't need to look it up on google. Just search it here. Same was asked only this week, and every other week before that.

Standard level seems to be 1 mil and PI/PL from QDOS at that will cost you about £240 inc 3 free contract checks.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Think my last couple of contracts have stipulated a million, minimum.

Through QDOS, I have PI and PL, both for 1 million each for about £190.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

What's the concensus on the best IR35/Tax investigation package from QDOS ?

I always had FO35 (via shout99) and insurance via Hiscox, but seems I can get my PI etc and FO35 straight through QDOS.

Are any of the other packages better value for money ?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            What's the concensus on the best IR35/Tax investigation package from QDOS ?

I always had FO35 (via shout99) and insurance via Hiscox, but seems I can get my PI etc and FO35 straight through QDOS.

Are any of the other packages better value for money ?
            PCG Plus with Survive35 gets the same PEI insurance cover (you only need basic coverage anyway, but it's your money), plus a lot of useful extras, plus you do some good in the fight against HMG's predations....
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I would like to see if push came to shove and an end client sued you for say £600,000 and then you tried to make a claim for the said amount how cleverly the insurers would try and wriggle out of it. Strange that not many questions are asked of the nature of your work by Hiscox, Dallas-Kirlland etc. on sign up for their policy.

has anyone out there ever made a claim to these guys after the end client sued for compensation ?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                PCG Plus with Survive35 gets the same PEI insurance cover (you only need basic coverage anyway, but it's your money), plus a lot of useful extras, plus you do some good in the fight against HMG's predations....
                Finally joined PCG+..been meaning to for ages.
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                  I would like to see if push came to shove and an end client sued you for say £600,000 and then you tried to make a claim for the said amount how cleverly the insurers would try and wriggle out of it. Strange that not many questions are asked of the nature of your work by Hiscox, Dallas-Kirlland etc. on sign up for their policy.

has anyone out there ever made a claim to these guys after the end client sued for compensation ?
                  That's becuase the insurance is primarily to cover the costs of defending the action, not to pay off anything that a client may wish to do you for. But of course, you knew that...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post

With Hiscox you get what you expect. Provided you have filled in the form correctly and honestly you are covered but we have all heard horror stories about bargain basement insurance. I expect PCG sponsored insurance is just as good but compare the Key Facts documents for your various choices before committing your money.

Comment

Working...
                    X