• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

getting paid by cheque? irritating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just phone up and speak to their accounts department.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
      Of course the work I did was used immediately, the day after I finished..I just find this a cheap trick
      Especially these days with electronic banking etc. However its tough times for a some people, and some companies figure that paying their creditors right on the time limit is an effective and cheap source of business financing.
      2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
      || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@CapitalCity View Post
        Especially these days with electronic banking etc. However its tough times for a some people, and some companies figure that paying their creditors right on the time limit is an effective and cheap source of business financing.
        yeah I mean they must make money on interest, by keeping the money there as long as possible or something..right?

Comment

yeah I mean they must make money on interest, by keeping the money there as long as possible or something..right?
          Hey jonson, I think you misunderstood me. Think of a business with £500,00 in the bank, debtors of £2m who will pay in 25days time, and whole pile of creditors that need to be paid £600,000 within 30days. If the company pays all its creditors within 7 days it runs out of money - if the company holds off on the creditor payments until 30days is up, it lives to fight another day. See what i mean when I say 'business financing'? Timing can be important.
          2012 CUK Reader Awards - '...Capital City Accountancy, all of whom were outside the top three yet still won compliments from CUK readers for their services' - well, its not an award, but we'll take it! - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
          2011 CUK Reader Awards - Top 3 - Best Accountant (for IT contractors) category
          || Check us out at: http://www.linkedin.com/company/capi...ccountancy-ltd

Comment

Lots of business current accounts pay no interest.

Or in terms of your client the fact that they can pay you as late as possible means they have less interest added on to their overdraft.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The only thing which would irritate me about being paid by cheque is having to find time to visit the bloody bank.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                The only thing which would irritate me about being paid by cheque is having to find time to visit the bloody bank.
                Yep that would be the most irritating part for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  K2P2 is way ahead of you on this one. She goes for a bit more of a direct approach...
                  I heard you taught K2P2 everything she needed to know about being direct.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

This. One of my clients pays by cheque, reasonably well-sized Lloyds of London Insurance Co based on Leadenhall Street. Bit strange, and mildly irritating, but not enough for me to put up any fuss. Particularly as the gig's quite easy.

Comment

Santander do postal banking as well. But then you have to find the time to go to a post box.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X