• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I very much doubt this brings anything new to the table but...

...thought I'd share it anyway in case anyone wants to talk with them.

It doesn't look like it applies to us. Pendulum and Alpha-Beta were investment schemes designed to make a loss and are now being treated as fraudulent.

I doubt they would be able to help us with a complaint any further than the one we have already made.

Montpelier Tax Fraud Cases - In-Tax

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
      trouble is, if you kick up a stink and force the issue they will send the brown envelope sooner rather than later with an, OK here is removal of the uncertainty pay us now message! so difficult to know whether to shake the tiger by the tail or not...I know its gonna be nail biting waiting to see what happens, but might be the most sensible thing to do, if nothing else it could give some people time to sort things financially.
      all I think we are asking for is clarification (oops that word again) about Homer's statement regarding the due process through to FTTT, I don't think that is forcing anything surely we are not alone in this all the schemes on yesterday's list who have not gone to an FTTT must be thinking the same

Comment

Homers Comment

Can we not open a FOI requesting clarification on the comment by Homer?

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          all I think we are asking for is clarification (oops that word again) about Homer's statement regarding the due process through to FTTT, I don't think that is forcing anything surely we are not alone in this all the schemes on yesterday's list who have not gone to an FTTT must be thinking the same
          I totally understand, but to me it might be a bit like someone on death row pushing for when their execution is going to happen, at some point a guard might get P*ssed off enough and say come on then lets get it out of the way...I dont really want to take the risk of nagging them to send me a brown envelope!
          Last edited by smalldog; 16 July 2014, 11:14.

Comment

might be interesting: Player

HMRC Standard Report 2013-14: Part 1
            Witnesses
            Lin Homer, Permanent Secretary and Chief Executive, Simon Bowles, Chief Finance Officer and Jim Harra, Director General Business Tax, HM Revenue and Customs
            Last edited by smalldog; 16 July 2014, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
              ...thought I'd share it anyway in case anyone wants to talk with them.

It doesn't look like it applies to us. Pendulum and Alpha-Beta were investment schemes designed to make a loss and are now being treated as fraudulent.

I doubt they would be able to help us with a complaint any further than the one we have already made.

Montpelier Tax Fraud Cases - In-Tax
              Surely this has to be of some use to us ????
              SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

My God Lin Homer is ugly. Would suggest she wears some makeup, but no point polishing a turd I guess.....

Comment

My God Lin Homer is ugly. Would suggest she wears some makeup, but no point polishing a turd I guess.....
                  It's a requirement for the job. Hartnett was one ugly mother too.

Comment

Success rate of over 90%...that's better than HMRC

Next big mis-selling scam: Tax schemes | AccountingWEB

Comment

You ain't kidding!

Just had a quick look at her Wikipedia page. Looks like a wrongun of the highest order!

In 2005, Homer was criticised by the Election Commissioner for failings in her role as returning officer during a postal vote-rigging scandal involving Labour candidates the previous year, described by the Commissioner as one that "would disgrace a banana republic", and involving hundreds of votes failing to be counted.

And was endorsed by none other than the ultimate scumbag Gauke!
                      Homer's appointment to head of HMRC prompted criticism centred around her record in previous positions.[16][17] However, her appointment was supported by David Gauke, the Exchequer Secretary to the UK Treasury, who said "She is a highly effective chief executive and the right person to lead HMRC"

Comment

Working...
                      X