• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Yep they'll be bending over.
    Yep DR, that's what I meant about the... oh never mind

... hey, we gotta keep our sense of humour in times like this
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

So thinking ahead, for those that can pay, anyone know if mp intend to still fight on to see if we can get the accelerated payment back? Time to think post apn strategy I feel as it's inevitable in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
        So thinking ahead, for those that can pay, anyone know if mp intend to still fight on to see if we can get the accelerated payment back? Time to think post apn strategy I feel as it's inevitable in my view.
        A while back someone posted that once they have our accelerated payments they will not take the case to court, it will be our responsibility to do that.

If that is the case then
        a). How and when do they plan to relieve us of the interest? If we don't take our case to court do we get to keep the interest?
        b). If the APNs only apply to tax returns for 2004 and after then what happens to those years prior to 2004? It would seem inconsistent if they take pre 2004 cases to court but leave post 2004 cases to us. I also can't see them leaving the pre 2004 cases.
        Last edited by screwthis; 5 June 2014, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
          A while back someone posted that once they have our accelerated payments they will not take the case to court, it will be our responsibility to do that.

If that is the case then
          a). How and when do they plan to relieve us of the interest? If we don't take our case to court do we get to keep the interest?
          b). If the APNs only apply to tax returns for 2004 and after then what happens to those years prior to 2004? It would seem inconsistent if they take pre 2004 cases to court but leave post 2004 cases to us. I also can't see them leaving the pre 2004 cases.
          I can't see us not getting to court now the wheels are in motion. MP have been true to their word so far, I think they'll go the whole way. Despite Helen7s misgivings about them, I can't believe they are going this far just to get the loans payments. They could have walked away like all those companies running EBTs, and they haven't. If they really are doing just to get the loan payments, then they must be confident enough to pump a hell of a lot of money in. Either way, it's good for us, because the fight goes on.

I wonder if the fact that we do actually have a court case lined up might save us from APNs? Wishful thinking, maybe.

Personally, I think they'll try it on with the pre-2004 returns if they do go for us. Their aggressive approach and flouting the law at every opportunity indicates they see no barriers. What have they got to lose? Also it will limit our funds to keep our campaign going, which must have been a right pain in the ar*e to them.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
            I can't see us not getting to court now the wheels are in motion. MP have been true to their word so far, I think they'll go the whole way. Despite Helen7s misgivings about them, I can't believe they are going this far just to get the loans payments. They could have walked away like all those companies running EBTs, and they haven't. If they really are doing just to get the loan payments, then they must be confident enough to pump a hell of a lot of money in. Either way, it's good for us, because the fight goes on.

I wonder if the fact that we do actually have a court case lined up might save us from APNs? Wishful thinking, maybe.

Personally, I think they'll try it on with the pre-2004 returns if they do go for us. Their aggressive approach and flouting the law at every opportunity indicates they see no barriers. What have they got to lose? Also it will limit our funds to keep our campaign going, which must have been a right pain in the ar*e to them.
            I've have personally never doubted MP. I think they will go the whole way, not for the loan payments but because there is no love lost between Brannigan and WG and the conviction goes both ways.

What I am alluding to is that if APNs are issued and tax but not interest is handed over, a decision will have to be made whether we want to take the case to court. As my scheme years are 2001-2002, my interest is almost the same as my potential tax liability. Like HMRC, I would have to feel that I have greater than 50% chance of winning to enter into a double or nothing court case and right now I wouldn't be that confident.

Comment

I can't see us not getting to court now the wheels are in motion. MP have been true to their word so far, I think they'll go the whole way. Despite Helen7s misgivings about them, I can't believe they are going this far just to get the loans payments.
              As most of you know I despise Helen7 and hate agreeing with her. But she was right about the noise on the forum and she is right about MP. The staff at MP are great - the management suck. I particularly despise that they have not funded NTRT.

Please don't make me agree with helen7 again.

I am off to add more lube. We have all been doing a "BenDover" and size of implement being used is going to start growing massively. Rember that pain happens - suffering is optional.

If I could be bothered I would form a "real NTRT" group. I spent years fighting the family courts and its not easy - mostly due to infighting between the peoples front of Judea and the Judean peoples front. Sorry but in this case I will probably go bankrupt. Ive done my bit. But if anyone fancies some NVDA I will happily advise.

BP

Comment

Post 5500!

Not quite sure what I win for that - is it extra rep or a 1 hour ban?

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                  I've have personally never doubted MP. I think they will go the whole way, not for the loan payments but because there is no love lost between Brannigan and WG and the conviction goes both ways.
                  A few posters now have mentioned the possibility that MP are only in this for the loan repayments. What loan repayments?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    As most of you know I despise Helen7 and hate agreeing with her. But she was right about the noise on the forum and she is right about MP. The staff at MP are great - the management suck. I particularly despise that they have not funded NTRT.

Please don't make me agree with helen7 again.

I am off to add more lube. We have all been doing a "BenDover" and size of implement being used is going to start growing massively. Rember that pain happens - suffering is optional.

If I could be bothered I would form a "real NTRT" group. I spent years fighting the family courts and its not easy - mostly due to infighting between the peoples front of Judea and the Judean peoples front. Sorry but in this case I will probably go bankrupt. Ive done my bit. But if anyone fancies some NVDA I will happily advise.

BP
                    Judea and the Judean peoples front? Splitters.

I also agree with some of what Helen7 said, it is true that we have had are arses kicked at every turn, and it's not really surprising because they own and control the processes that we are trying to defeat them through, i.e. the political, tax and legal systems. I think NTRT have done an excellent job personally, and will always be grateful for what they have done, regardless of how it turns out. It will not be until enough people are pushed over the edge that this can be overturned and personally, I don't think that's going to come in time to save us. On the MP front, I suppose it doesn't really matter why they go to court, as long as they do. I'll happily pay the loan payment if they win. If they really are doing it to get the loans, then I'd actually take that as a positive, because of the expense they must believe they have a case, otherwise if they are as cynical as Helen7 says, they'd have walked. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is very much my view.

Comment

I'll happily pay the loan payment if they win.
                      But what is this loan repayment? I'm not aware of any loan repayments due to MP. Still very much . Can someone enlighten me.

Comment

Working...
                      X