• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing vs. Implementing

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    It was always expected that the Government would get their way.

Passing it is one thing; implementing the policy is another matter altogether.

Next phase is the legal action.

Hi DR. Can you please explain the difference. Is it not implemented when an APN arrives through the door or is there some hurdle in between before that happens (or before I do a Reggie Perin and return under a new name)

p.s. got 120 tweets out this morn

Comment

Well done to those who did tweet and shame on those who didn't.

For those who did we made a big difference today. In fact I'm wondering if there has ever been another committee meeting in parliament that social media was actively impacting live.

We should have seen hundreds of individuals tweeting. It couldn't be easier to do.

My own MP ain't interested yet I got asked a direct question over twitter by @iswales MP about our situation.

Come on guys get it setup for the next round of awareness.

We can effectively continue to flood every MPs twitter account with the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
        p.s. got 120 tweets out this morn
        Excellent work!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
          Only managed a couple of tweets, and lost my twitter virginity into the bargain!
          I'm not affected by any of this as I've never used a scheme nor ever intend to. But as a contractor using a limited there is still risk that retrospection could be applied here as well, I.e. PSCs are IR35 caught from 3 years ago.
          Total respect to you sir. At last someone who is waking up to the possibilities of other attacks. I don't know how many contractors are just burying their heads in the sand even after I explain our story.

Good on you and thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post

For those who did we made a big difference today. In fact I'm wondering if there has ever been another committee meeting in parliament that social media was actively impacting live.

We should have seen hundreds of individuals tweeting. It couldn't be easier to do.

My own MP ain't interested yet I got asked a direct question over twitter by @iswales MP about our situation.

do the lords have twitter accounts? can hit them as the bill arrives

Comment

Couldn't agree more!! We now have a real opportunity to be heard, anyone who doesn't understand that needs to be brave, take a deep breath, and dip their toe in the water!

Comment

Originally posted by z4thras View Post
                do the lords have twitter accounts? can hit them as the bill arrives
                What is average age of a lord I wonder?

My own MP is a young chap but doesn't do twitter and he was on the finance bill committee. He's usually also on the occasional Brazilian rent boy too and giving him passes to Westminster and he's got the balls to judge me!

(Balls probably not the best choice)

Comment

My own MP is a young chap but doesn't do twitter and he was on the finance bill committee. He's usually also on the occasional Brazilian rent boy too and giving him passes to Westminster and he's got the balls to judge me!

i found two on the select committee
                  @clivehollick
                  @Lord_Bilimoria

Comment

Yeah, what's going on with politicians and rent boys?

How much does it cost to get that ***** Gauke trailed by a PI for a few months?

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Until the day I die, my life's ambition will be to:

a) contribute s little as possible to the British coffers, and extract every penny I can

b) ruin the lives of the people behind this

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                      X