• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Fabian Hamilton. As I said it's only tentative, no firm commitment as yet.

He is PPS to Rachel Reeves who is Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (Danny Alexander's opposite number).

In general, we are getting more support from Labour and LibDem MPs than the Tories.
    That's just typical isn't it. When in power Labour MP's just weren't interested in helping or listening to us. Now in opposition they are our best friends....

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
      When in power Labour MP's just weren't interested in helping or listening to us. Now in opposition they are our best friends....
      Which may be because Labour and Lib Dems see an opportunity to rock the Tory boat. More significantly the Tories now see the potential 'windfall' tax take evaporating before their eyes leaving them with the challenge of replacing the notional loss. Thieving B'Stards.

Comment

notoretrotax.org.uk

great work everyone, first payment made.

Comment

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
          Hi BS81 and welcome to the thread. PM rights are granted after you have made a few posts unless Admin look kindly upon you.

If you donate to the campaign you will have all the toys in the arsenal to make your point to your MP if he continues to feed you the party line.
          Hi and thanks to all the contributors for their help. I have been following the thread for a few years as I am affected through another provider of the scheme. There is always good advice by some of you guys on here.

I am not currently able to donate to the campaign (as I don't have a contract at the moment) and I am trying to keep enough saved for the worst case scenario. However, I would be happy to donate in future when I'm in a better position to do so.

Comment

I'm in

Great work DR and co.

Comment

Delighted to join

Fantastic work DR and everyone. I'm very pleased to join up and look forward to browsing the docs this evening. Will update you regarding my mp when he gets round to replying.

Comment

Cash sent!

DR and all the others that have helped organise this, many many thanks! Cash just sent over.

Bring it on!

Comment

any chance of putting one of those thermometer type thingys like they used to have on Blue Peter, so we know how the fund is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
                    any chance of putting one of those thermometer type thingys like they used to have on Blue Peter, so we know how the fund is doing?
                    We need to be careful because "you know who" are monitoring the forum and we want to keep them guessing.

Two things I will say.

1) most people who have joined have not posted on the forum
                    2) I'm very

Comment

If you have already written to or met your MP

and you haven't sent me a feedback form, please can you complete this and PM or email it to me.

Date [dd/mm/yy]:
                      Your name:
                      E-mail:
                      Phone (optional):
                      Name of your MP:
                      Party [Conservative/LibDem/Labour/SNP/Other]:
                      Date you wrote to them [dd/mm/yy]:
                      Date they replied [dd/mm/yy]:
                      Date you met with them [dd/mm/yy]:
                      Do they support our cause to get s58 amended [Yes/No]?
                      General remarks on any feedback you've had:
                      Thanks,
                      DR
                      donkeyrhubarb AT rocketmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X