• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wim121, Don't forget, there are a group of us who are putting in a great deal of our time for free behind the scenes. We don't expect anything in return apart from others to support the campaign.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 22 April 2012, 12:14.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      wim121, Don't forget, there are a group of us who are putting in a great deal of our time for free behind the scenes. We don't expect anything in return apart from others to support the campaign.
      And it is deeply appreciated by many. Thank-you.

Comment

The Court Judgement

My wife and I read thru the court case documents this morning and neither of us could believe the decision the judge made after being informed of HMRC's severe shortcomings, misinformation, contradiction, inaction, supposition and failure to obey their own protocols!!! Is this normal in British justice? We just cannot fathom what logic he used to arrive at his misinformed / biased conclusions based on the evidence presented.
        Well done on getting everything set up, brilliant having all documents in the one location.

Comment

First instalment

Paid gladly. Good work, folks.

Comment

anything i can do....

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Hi, have signed up and have sent doc dates and details of wording to TSBT to help. I'm glad to do anything to help, there are always people who are gobsmackingly ungrateful. I've noticed that before when I have organised joint legal reviews of new contracts forced on direct contractors at various client sites. Still, worth remembering that most sensible people are very grateful and supportive, often quietly and with dignity. The wollys are always shrill and seek attention - just ignore them.

Thanks DR, Santa, DP, TSBT and every one else toiling away in the background.

The Cat and my cats appreciate it massively.
            The Cat

Comment

Joined ntrt

Hey guys I'm in and have made donation, not huge amount due to some other financial pressures. As we progress happy to donate more so be good to understand projections and timetables for campaign costs if that's possible so I can budget for further donations?

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by swede View Post
                Paid gladly. Good work, folks.
                Just paid my dues & signed up.
                Fantastic work, DR

Lying, lying, lying bast*rds!

“I hope I get this right. It is because HMRC has not consistently made the case throughout the time period that the scheme does not work….”
                Rt Hon. Jane Kennedy, Public Bill Committee, 2008

“However, we (HMRC) have made it clear throughout that we considered the scheme in question did not work, and regularly recommended users to make payments on account.”
                John Pope, March 2012
                Last edited by Ninja; 22 April 2012, 17:58.
                Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

The Mail on Sunday Today

Just flicking thru wife's paper, page 84, Tony Hetherington column, url
                  TONY HETHERINGTON: The leadership of HMRC is rudderless, staff are drifting | Mail Online

Not sure if online version covers the readers letters section, but in response to one he
                  says " There is an independent official, called the Adjudicator (0300 057 1111) who considers complaints against the Revenue and you can also approach the Parliamentary Ombudsman (0345 015 4033) who investigates poor performance across Government Departments. It is certainly worth reading
                  Best Regards
                  ps also reference to KPMG being on Board of Directors

Comment

Joined NTRT!

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                    Fantastic work, DR

“I hope I get this right. It is because HMRC has not consistently made the case throughout the time period that the scheme does not work….”

“However, we (HMRC) have made it clear throughout that we considered the scheme in question did not work, and regularly recommended users to make payments on account.”
                    John Pope, March 2012

I've just joined the NTRT site.
                    Fabulous, incredible work by DR and the team, thank you so much! Hugely appreciate what everyone is doing as it must take up some serious time.

I really hope this sticks it to Her Majesty's Robbers and Conmen!

Comment

Thanks Ninja

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                      Fantastic work, DR

John Pope, March 2012
                      Thanks for that Ninja - that needs adding to H006 - so now there are 4 contradictions on the same matter...
                      1. Simon Davis testimony - UNDER OATH - which states that HMRC never told us scheme didnt work until Feb 08
                      2. Jane Kennedy's remark in Parliament that "HMRC has not consistently made the case throughout the time period that the scheme does not work"
                      3. The fact that we were in fact only told that HMRC did not "think the scheme was valid" in May 2007
                      BUT.....
                      4. POPE, on behalf of HMRC and Gauke (the pr*ck that promised to look at changing s58 when in opposition), states that "HMRC made it clear throughout that the scheme didnt work". And Gauke is using that line in every single reponse to every single one of our MPs. So we need to prewarn our MPs of this matter and in cases where our MPs have "swallowed" this shy*e, we need to write to them again explaining these 4 contradictions.

Do these people think we are complete idiots? Its making me furious to be honest. Furious.
                      Last edited by Dieselpower; 22 April 2012, 18:48.
                      Join the campaign at
                      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X