• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
    see H006 in key Documents
    Thanks DP

Comment

christ on a bike, some of the documents on there are quite frankly unbelievable. I had resigned myself to paying up, but after seeing all of this they are getting sweet FA until we get heard

Comment

Website

Originally posted by GBHuhd View Post
        christ on a bike, some of the documents on there are quite frankly unbelievable. I had resigned myself to paying up, but after seeing all of this they are getting sweet FA until we get heard

Exactly - I thought the same - having all these documents in one single place to view easily is v helpful - but the contents of those documents are leading me to firmly believe that someone has been lying bigtime here. Too many non sequiturs, rushed documents, contradictions. Its frankly astounding. I am happy but at the same time livid that Parliament has IMO clearly been misled in a horrendous manner.

gauke saying he would "look at the practicalities of changing the law"
        cable's position
        Janes kennedy's statements and all the rebuttals (clearly she was told to say all that claptrap by HMRC)
        Other favoirites so far H004 and H006 and of course A004 - whoever wrote that merits a bloody medal. It may be very long but its accurate, like a laser.

Join the campaign at
        http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Joined NTRT

Just done the honour... What a blow from us! Well done guys - super work...

As mentioned before any specific letter/area I should look for pre-empting my MP who said he has asked the Chancellor who would be replying that standard cop out letter? (Haven't had a chance to plough through the docs yet so a pointer would be appreciated as I want to let my MP know before he get the reply from GO or (DG).

Again great work.

Comment

just send your MP H006

Originally posted by marcuss View Post

As mentioned before any specific letter/area I should look for pre-empting my MP who said he has asked the Chancellor who would be replying that standard cop out letter? (Haven't had a chance to plough through the docs yet so a pointer would be appreciated as I want to let my MP know before he get the reply from GO or (DG).

Again great work.
            send MP H006
            Join the campaign at
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Campaign Website

Originally posted by marcuss View Post

Again great work.
              All,

When you become a member it is tempting to just dive into the section with all the documents available to you under "About Section 58". Feel free to delve in as there are VOLUMES of facts and figures for you there that will give you a new impetus. However, and given that not everyone has been deep diving into this matter over the years, for those who need support or assisstance for meeting their MP, or to follow up with their MP or to prepare themselves to re-engage with their MP, please refer to the information in the Members' Area. 3 links there to some very, very good documentation that will prepare and support you.

If you don't have the time right now to read a library of facts that has been compiled over the last 4 years then start wih the 3 links in the Members Area. The nectar lies there. The honey produced from it is within the "Key Documents" section.
              Last edited by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing; 21 April 2012, 19:27.

Comment

Yet another incredible piece of hypocrisy.

David Cameron's family fortune 'made through tax-dodging offshore investment funds' | Mail Online

Comment

Amazing work ... Well done

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
                  All,

When you become a member it is tempting to just dive into the section with all the documents available to you under "About Section 58". Feel free to delve in as there are VOLUMES of facts and figures for you there that will give you a new impetus. However, and given that not everyone has been deep diving into this matter over the years, for those who need support or assisstance for meeting their MP, or to follow up with their MP or to prepare themselves to re-engage with their MP, please refer to the information in the Members' Area. 3 links there to some very, very good documentation that will prepare and support you.

If you don't have the time right now to read a library of facts that has been compiled over the last 4 years then start wih the 3 links in the Members Area. The nectar lies there. The honey produced from it is within the "Key Documents" section.
                  Proud to be a member of No To Retrospective Taxation | Campaign Against Retrospective Tax Legislation

Well done to all involved in the background, the site is a winner. I feel like we've traded in our peashooter for a bazooka. My face to face meeting with Mr Niell MP suddenly got a whole lot more interesting.

Spread the word ... lots of fellow contractors who are not directly affected by BN66 but are looking over their shoulders, the retro precedence could hit them too.

P.S.: Loved the bit about DR prescribing sleeping pills (Real Life Stories). Donkey goes the extra mile

Comment

So is £200 the minimum donation just for accessing site resources?

No offence, but that is extremely greedy and opportunistic. Just because this is promoted to contractors, doesn't mean we all see £200 the same way most would see £20.

Or people who are going through hardship and facing bankruptcy, then to expect a minimum amount of £200 just to give them a bit more information, wow. Words fail me.

Comment

Nob head

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      So is £200 the minimum donation just for accessing site resources?

No offence, but that is extremely greedy and opportunistic. Just because this is promoted to contractors, doesn't mean we all see £200 the same way most would see £20.

Or people who are going through hardship and facing bankruptcy, then to expect a minimum amount of £200 just to give them a bit more information, wow. Words fail me.
                      You have no involement with section 58 wim121. So like you say words fail you, so f...off and post some else.

Comment

Working...
                      X