• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share share share people !

Spread the word...
    http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Spot On !!!

Originally posted by Emigre View Post
      Looks like registration form timed out.
      Well Done Guys, I'll logon new website and get money off to you. Your efforts are greatly appreciated........JUST MAGIC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldITGit View Post
        Well Done Guys, I'll logon new website and get money off to you. Your efforts are greatly appreciated........JUST MAGIC!!!
        It's worth every penny just to have a weekend off from the living nightmare.
        Very good effort!

Comment

Together as one

Originally posted by OldITGit View Post
          People, you're not alone on this, never have been and never will be. Yes there are the Tax Courts down the line, but way before then it's time to dance to a different beat and tempo. And this time it's of our making.

This is no longer just a matter of what others may do for us, it's about what we can do for ourselves. The latter word having a meaning well beyond just those caught up in this. I'd not use names like Bodie & Doyle, but the title that goes with it would be rather fitting.

Good weekend all and thanks for the support.

Comment

Great Website !!!

Great website chaps. DR and Co you've done a fantastic job. Well done. Love it !!! I can't thank you enough. Have a good weekend chaps.

Comment

Thank you

A big thank you to everyone who has joined so far and made a donation.

Comment

MP Visit

At last some positive action – well done to everyone concerned. I’m going to get my credit card out.

On another note …….

Had Face to Face with MP today, he seemed genuinely concerned about the retrospective part of s58 and has asked our friend? DG for a response regarding his position when in opposition and his current stance. We did impress upon him that DG was giving out standard responses written by HMRC, and we didn’t think there was much mileage in this process but nonetheless he does appear to be sympathetic to our plight.

We passed on copies of relevant documents relating to 1987 and 2008 in particular the debate attempting to amend the retrospective part of S58 in which it is quite clear from the transcript that several MPs of different political stances were vociferously against the retrospective element and included in that set of voices was DG. Our MP thought that this in particular was an ‘Achilles heel’ which may be exploited. He said he would read them all to try and get a better understanding of this complicated matter. Without question he agreed that people should be able to arrange their tax affairs according to the law as it stands and not as in this case where the law was changed retrospectively.

The other thing he said he could do is to try and speak to other MPs who have constituents in the same situation who have contacted them regarding this and to this end he asked if there were any others in Scotland. Could anyone PM me if they have spoken to their MP in Scotland and who it is please? I said I would pass the names of the MPs on to him if I could find out this information, the more the better.

Have a good weekend everyone - we're just off to the pub

Comment

Well done everyone!

And remember folks, tweet the website, share it on facebook, spread the word.

You can also follow the Twitter link @No2RetroTax
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
                    At last some positive action – well done to everyone concerned. I’m going to get my credit card out.

On another note …….

Had Face to Face with MP today, he seemed genuinely concerned about the retrospective part of s58 and has asked our friend? DG for a response regarding his position when in opposition and his current stance. We did impress upon him that DG was giving out standard responses written by HMRC, and we didn’t think there was much mileage in this process but nonetheless he does appear to be sympathetic to our plight.
                    Will everyone who has had any contact or a meeting with their MP please PM DR with details, we need to build up a database of who is prepared to support us.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post

On another note …….

We passed on copies of relevant documents relating to 1987 and 2008 in particular the debate attempting to amend the retrospective part of S58 in which it is quite clear from the transcript that several MPs of different political stances were vociferously against the retrospective element and included in that set of voices was DG. Our MP thought that this in particular was an ‘Achilles heel’ which may be exploited. He said he would read them all to try and get a better understanding of this complicated matter. Without question he agreed that people should be able to arrange their tax affairs according to the law as it stands and not as in this case where the law was changed retrospectively.

The other thing he said he could do is to try and speak to other MPs who have constituents in the same situation who have contacted them regarding this and to this end he asked if there were any others in Scotland. Could anyone PM me if they have spoken to their MP in Scotland and who it is please? I said I would pass the names of the MPs on to him if I could find out this information, the more the better.

Have a good weekend everyone - we're just off to the pub
                      Very well done - brilliant. Enjoy the beer.

Money coming forum-wards this evening.

Comment

Working...
                      X