• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    Or printed bog roll?
    Now that would be great. Especially as APN time gets closer.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 23 February 2015, 17:34.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Or printed bog roll?
      Excellent

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
        Excellent
        It is possible

Justtoiletpaper.com - Printed Toilet Paper

Nothing like a bit of humour to lighten the mood
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          It is possible

Justtoiletpaper.com - Printed Toilet Paper

Nothing like a bit of humour to lighten the mood
          Can we print double-sided, so that we can use both of his faces?

Comment

For those of us who cannot pay and are happy to go bankrupt,, what is the point of appealing an APN? Isn't it better to get this over with?

There was a time when BOK was with Montpelier used to post here. Not to answer specific queries - but to provide generic information useful to all. Why is WG getting NTRT to do his dirty work? Maybe he should spend a little less time sunning himself in Barbados.

Comment

What to do when you receive an APN

Scan the APN and email it to

TQuinn AT montpeliergroup.com

and cc: DBull AT montpelier.im
              Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 24 February 2015, 08:56. Reason: correct DBull email address

Comment

Even though they don't post, Montpelier do read the forum and are aware of concerns/issues being raised.

I am more than happy to occasionally post on their behalf.

Comment

8 weeks - youre lucky

i got a letter yesterday for 2005/6/7/ and 8 saying i get my notice between 1 and 4 weeks

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
                  The first letter does not specify what you owe. Its says......

" In the next 1 to 8 weeks we will send you an accelerated payment notice showing the amount that we believe relates to your use of the scheme. When we send the notice we will also tell you how we have worked out the amount "

Regarding CTD...............

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-f-notices.pdf

Comment

I suspect this pre-APN letter serves two purposes. Is a sounding board for HMRC, they are probably using it to gauge responses and impacts to APN's and two to show a "duty of care" to their "Customers" as they call us. So in the future they can say, "well we did give them warning".

There will no doubt be HMRC meetings to discuss the responses to the pre-APN letters, wonder how the meetings will go if they say they havent had any responses!

Comment

also ... guess it is the time to join NTRT - has it gone up yet ? and is there stuff that will be useful to know?

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
                      i got a letter yesterday for 2005/6/7/ and 8 saying i get my notice between 1 and 4 weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X