• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Spot the HMRC QC...

www.dotas-scandal.org
    "spirit of the law", and that from a lawman!!! what a load of old bulltulip!! Can just see him in court arguing a case if his legal counterpart stated that the spirit of the law had been breached. GET THE F***ING LAW RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE! D*ck....GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Will remember the "Spirit" concept next time my wife and I have a bust up.

Comment

All very well Mr Williams QC talking about child poverty. What about the poverty of our children that is due to follow?
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Just listened to the Finance Bill committee, didn't follow much apart from them flying through clauses.

Strange that they got 191 and then stopped for an adjournment.

Did I hear that correctly ?

Isn't APNs clause 192?
        Last edited by lucozade; 12 June 2014, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          Just listened to the Finance Bill committee, didn't follow much apart from them flying their clauses.

Strange that they got 191 and then stopped for an adjournment.

Did I hear that correctly ?

Isn't APNs clause 192?
          i heard that too, they only met for 35 mins! whats the deal??? they running down the clock

Comment

Don't you love a cliffhanger. Looks like tomorrow then.

A bit disturbing that they say "Aye" to everything!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

A bit disturbing that they say "Aye" to everything!
              lets hope its raining when they discuss ours, reckon the ice cream van was just about to drive off today

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                lets hope its raining when they discuss ours, reckon the ice cream van was just about to drive off today
                Either that or last orders at the taxpayer funded bar.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  I'm afraid the cliffhanger will be around for almost a week !!!! Unless there is conflicting information somewhere.

The Public Bill Committee is expected to consider the Bill on Tuesday 10 June, Thursday 12 June and Tuesday 17 June 2014.

Finance Bill 2013-14 to 2014-15 — UK Parliament
                  STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

out of curiosity has anyone approached HMRC and asked for an APN figure should the legislation go through? Personally I would find it pretty useful so that I can see what my exposure is should the worst happen. if its simply logging into HMRC online I can do that, but as already discussed it all depends on what tax years are impacted by the DOTAS 2004 condition. I assume it means April 04 - March 05 is the first affected year for APN's??

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                      I'm afraid the cliffhanger will be around for almost a week !!!! Unless there is conflicting information somewhere.

The Public Bill Committee is expected to consider the Bill on Tuesday 10 June, Thursday 12 June and Tuesday 17 June 2014.

Finance Bill 2013-14 to 2014-15 — UK Parliament
                      Will they stopped this afternoon at clause 191, and I think somebody said we were 192.

It's like waiting for a bus!

Comment

Working...
                      X