• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Support

http://www.accountancyage.com/aa/opi...-not-justified

Comment

Yes; it says it all doesn't it!

Comment

Contact MP

It certainly does: succinct and straight to the point. I am going to be e-mailing my MP and at the same time arranging a meeting with him next week on this very subject. Could do a lot worse than sending him this link as a taster. I would urge others to do likewise.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorValiant View Post
          It certainly does: succinct and straight to the point. I am going to be e-mailing my MP and at the same time arranging a meeting with him next week on this very subject. Could do a lot worse than sending him this link as a taster. I would urge others to do likewise.
          Do we need a bit of co-ordination from Whitehouse on this, before we start opening up this second front? If they are already in discussions with some MPs, it would be good to know how best we should fight this one.

Comment

Originally posted by reckless View Post
            Do we need a bit of co-ordination from Whitehouse on this, before we start opening up this second front? If they are already in discussions with some MPs, it would be good to know how best we should fight this one.
            WH are preparing a response to the consultation on behalf of NTRT. They have advised us that responding en masse with templates would have no effect.

If the DOTAS measure is included in the legislation, put before Parliament, then we can think about lobbying MPs, the Finance Bill Committee etc.

The DOTAS proposal, as it stands, could affect a significant proportion of our members, so we would campaign against it, not just out of principle.

Comment

doea any one know the 'name' of the planning we undertook

was it pendulem ? or something else ? or did it even have a name ? or is pendulem a compnay

Comment

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
                was it pendulem ? or something else ? or did it even have a name ? or is pendulem a compnay
                Montpelier referred to it as the "IR35 scheme" for contractors and something like "Offshore Partnerships" for property developers etc. Don't know what other promoters called it.

HMRC referred to it as Double Taxation Treaty Abuse.

Never heard of pendulem.

Comment

DOTAS proposal

Essential reading.

Black Friday Proposals - A Call to Arms!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Passed on to my accountant to see if they are prepared to comment. This is the type of legislation that could cause real social and economic unrest. You have to wonder how much they can get away with before the hypocrites are held to account:

Cameron family fortune made in tax havens | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      I know it has been debated on this forum but this proposal is seriously nuts ! Forwarded to my accountant for hopefully comment.
                      http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X