• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoute from Alan B'stard:
    You know the really great thing about a fudged coalition is that neither of us need to carry out a single promise of our election manifestos
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
      Anyone doing a bit of research into Gaukes background would see how the man is a hypocrite of the highest order. He worked in finance before joining the our illustrious political establishment.
      Like I wrote somewhere else, it is not too uncommon to find out that the most vehemently anti-"something" crusaders are in fact and in private *balls deep* into said "something".
      (On a subconscious level, there is something about compensating for one's hidden sins...)

Examples abound, but for a recent and particularly to the point one, look no further than the trajectory of fallen French budget minister Jerome Cahuzac.
      http://tinyurl.com/cl2tx3k

Gauke's unsettlingly fanatical stance and his U-turn from the opposition days doesn't do much to alleviate suspicions...Sh*t,if I was in the opposition, I would be having him investigated immediately and from all angles!

www.dotas-scandal.org
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

U-turn

Does anyone have documentary proof of Gauke's U-turn?

I'd love to send a copy to my MP for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
          Does anyone have documentary proof of Gauke's U-turn?

I'd love to send a copy to my MP for what it's worth.
          You can surely look up the official transcript on the patient's website or something.

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
            You can surely look up the official transcript on the patient's website or something.

www.dotas-scandal.org
            "patient's website" ?

Comment

"Parliament"...damn autocorrect!

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Gauke justfying the u-turn

New Clause 1 - Abolition of retrospective application of section 58(4) of the Finance Act 2008: 20 Jun 2013: Public Bill Committees - TheyWorkForYou

"By tabling his new clause, my hon. Friend the Member for Wycombe seeks to remind me of my interest in the use of retrospective legislation, as indeed does my hon. Friend the Member for Braintree. It is the case that I challenged the introduction of section 58 on the same terms as provided by the wording of the new clause. The challenge I made in 2008 reflected several concerns about the introduction of section 58: first, whether the actions of HMRC had led to the users of the scheme gaining a legitimate expectation that the scheme worked; and, secondly, whether the measure was compatible with EU law. Both those concerns were considered in depth as part of the judicial reviews. I was reassured by the courts’ finding that the users of the scheme had no legitimate expectation in relation to the use of the retrospective legislation, and that the legislation was compatible with the EU freedom of movement of capital. My final concern was about the effect of retrospection on the certainty and stability of the UK tax system."

Comment

Gauke memorandum to the Parliamentary Human Right Committee

Regarding this year's Finance Bill...

Note the sneaky inclusion of the word "charging" to avoid having to mention Accelerated Payment.

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/j...ill_020414.pdf

"6. There are no measures in the Bill with unannounced, charging retrospective effect."

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Regarding this year's Finance Bill...

Note the sneaky inclusion of the word "charging" to avoid having to mention Accelerated Payment.

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/j...ill_020414.pdf

"6. There are no measures in the Bill with unannounced, charging retrospective effect."
                    Lies and deception... once more.

www.dotas-scandal.org

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                      Like I wrote somewhere else, it is not too uncommon to find out that the most vehemently anti-"something" crusaders are in fact and in private *balls deep* into said "something".
                      (On a subconscious level, there is something about compensating for one's hidden sins...)

Examples abound, but for a recent and particularly to the point one, look no further than the trajectory of fallen French budget minister Jerome Cahuzac.
                      Fallen French

Gauke's unsettlingly fanatical stance and his U-turn from the opposition days doesn't do much to alleviate suspicions...Sh*t,if I was in the opposition, I would be having him investigated immediately and from all angles!
                      Surely only a tiny fraction of what you've collectively paid professional bodies would be needed to engage someone to do a thorough investigation on him, private dick stylee?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X