• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Interesting...
    Yes and exactly what I warned about when this budget first appeared. With the current media focus on tax dodging there is no way anyone will vote against these measures when they appear on the floor of the house.

If they aren't withdrawn within committee, all the tax anti-avoidance measures will get through the Commons ...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Yes and exactly what I warned about when this budget first appeared. With the current media focus on tax dodging there is no way anyone will vote against these measures when they appear on the floor of the house.

If they aren't withdrawn within committee, all the tax anti-avoidance measures will get through the Commons ...
      Well thanks for another cheerful and motivational post. Let's all head straight to Beachyhead for a communal jump.

Meanwhile... email sent to my MP, Andy Love.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Email sent to MP Nick Gibb. For what it's worth.

Comment

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Must admit I'm thinking my only option to protect my family is suicide. I really don't want my 1 and 4 year old to be caught up in this mess. I'm starting to believe they will be better off without their alleged tax dodging father.

This isn't a cry for help by the way this is just the reality of the situation.

Comment

Mail sent to Mr Afriyie. Thinking of drafting something to all members of the committee as a follow up. One of those sermon on the mount type efforts. As you go down to the death, guess you've got to throw everything at it.

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
              Must admit I'm thinking my only option to protect my family is suicide. I really don't want my 1 and 4 year old to be caught up in this mess. I'm starting to believe they will be better off without their alleged tax dodging father.

I think we've likely all had dark thoughts, but your kids will need you to be there. No matter what happens in the next while, we may still win out, but even if we don't, these days will pass, new opportunities will appear and life will go on. Stay strong.

Comment

Don't even think about it - get your own professional advice - go bankrupt, have a year off, go to college, work through a ltd company owned by someone else you know, spend some cash on a big fat holiday before it happens, your wife or partner will own half the house....... there's a hundred or more things to do rather than top yourself. Bankruptcy lasts for one year - then move on and in a few years you'll have forgotten about it. HMRC won't be hanging round your neck either.
                One more time - get professional advice.
                Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Lucozade, you have done nothing wrong and your children don't deserve to lose their father. Please be strong for their sake.

The wrong-doers are Gauke and his cronies at HMRC... Brannigan, McDougall, Hartnett. Their recompense will come one day, whether it's in this life or another.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Lucozade, you have done nothing wrong and your children don't deserve to lose their father. Please be strong for their sake.

The wrong-doers are Gauke and his cronies at HMRC... Brannigan, McDougall, Hartnett. Their recompense will come one day, whether it's in this life or another.
                    +1. Most people couldn't care less if you've been bankrupt in the past. Its by far the best option to spite HMRC.....

Personally if I was suffering under this I would go bankrupt and make the most of the opportunity of some stress free time off. You can and will find something else to do, be it a different market or something entirely different...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc
                      Response from Steve Pound:-

Similar messages have been received by a number of colleagues and I believe that an amendment is set to be tabled.

I cannot find a date for the report stage but there will certainly be lengthy debates during the Finance section of the Queen’s Speech debates over the next two weeks.

I can’t personally table an amendment (frontbench rules) but will track down the activists and let you know what I find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X