• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Thanks DS.

At the time, I think NTRT's approach was a little bit more softly softly. But I think now is the time to get aggressive and irony/social media/viral campaigns are a great weapon. And yes... the video was a bit rough round the edges.

It's a pity Xtranormal have been taken over and not currently available as I would have liked to redo that video. There is another package here Make Business Video | Animated Video Production | GoAnimate.com , but I haven't had time to check it out yet.

What we need is someone who knows the facts inside out, with a great sense of humour and ability to get the message across. Volunteers anyone?
    I'm certainly happy to throw in a few script ideas, but I'd suggest we do it in a more secure environment. If we discuss too much here then Hector will be ready for us should we be lucky enough to get it to go viral. I completely agree on irony / lampooning because we as a nation like to see our politicians taken down a peg, it's the only power we've got left. Spitting Image being a prime example of just how effective this can be. Length wise there's no reason why the documentary can't have a 'trailer' for the attention span challenged.

Comment

Petition signed.

I also spoke with the company that was mentioned in the latest newsletter - he answered quite a few questions that I had. No solutions at this stage obviously as there are still too many unknowns, but it was definitely very much worth the call. Would recommend others here have a chat with him too.

Chased my MP again who is on the treasury select committee but they're on recess. He will be getting back to me apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
        I'm certainly happy to throw in a few script ideas, but I'd suggest we do it in a more secure environment. If we discuss too much here then Hector will be ready for us should we be lucky enough to get it to go viral. I completely agree on irony / lampooning because we as a nation like to see our politicians taken down a peg, it's the only power we've got left. Spitting Image being a prime example of just how effective this can be. Length wise there's no reason why the documentary can't have a 'trailer' for the attention span challenged.
        Spitting Image meets Question Time spoof perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Thanks DS.

At the time, I think NTRT's approach was a little bit more softly softly. But I think now is the time to get aggressive and irony/social media/viral campaigns are a great weapon. And yes... the video was a bit rough round the edges.

It's a pity Xtranormal have been taken over and not currently available as I would have liked to redo that video. There is another package here Make Business Video | Animated Video Production | GoAnimate.com , but I haven't had time to check it out yet.

What we need is someone who knows the facts inside out, with a great sense of humour and ability to get the message across. Volunteers anyone?
          Whilst not often demonstrated on this forum TSTB has a great sense of humour and knows the facts inside out. Although I hate to put the names of others forward…

Comment

I agree it would be preferable to take the brainstorming off this public forum. The all-seeing eye of Sauron is watching closely (which some seem to forget).

www.dotas-scandal.org
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              I also spoke with the company that was mentioned in the latest newsletter - he answered quite a few questions that I had. No solutions at this stage obviously as there are still too many unknowns, but it was definitely very much worth the call. Would recommend others here have a chat with him too.

Chased my MP again who is on the treasury select committee but they're on recess. He will be getting back to me apparently.
              I also had a chat with the company today and I'm glad I did. Whilst it's not all good news it's better than I expected.

I'd recommend more people drop him an email or phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                I agree it would be preferable to take the brainstorming off this public forum. The all-seeing eye of Sauron is watching closely (which some seem to forget).

www.dotas-scandal.org
                I think WH might be sending something out regarding social media in due course. So let's wait for that and conversations can continue offline.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Brilliant movie

Watched it, enjoyed it.

Will propagate it.

Comment

New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc

Comment

Originally posted by BeenGauked View Post
                      Hope you don't mind Santa, I've uploaded it to my YouTube channel and will tweet it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDe-Zujacas
                      Just brilliant

Comment

Working...
                      X