• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed our friend has a twitter account. @davidgauke hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I take it the HMRC letter was as 100% accurate, honest and historically correct as previous ones.....
      Yep. As we all know, HMRC are fine purveyors of the truth.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Adjudicators Decision

Have we had the adjudicators decision on our complaint about HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by St Jude View Post
          Have we had the adjudicators decision on our complaint about HMRC?
          Yes their reply was: "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. No stop... Ha Ha Ha Ha"

Comment

Originally posted by nick4notax View Post
            Wondering if members whose MPs are on the finance committee will be contacting them with Whitehouse pack? Anything in motion on this? (PM me if you'd rather not post on here)
            My MP (Brooks Newmark) was on the Finance Bill Committee last year - I have no reason to assume he won't be this year too. I'm afraid he did not reply to either of the two previous letters I have sent him though (adjudicator etc.) so I question the appropriateness of sending him the latest Whitehouse pack.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              My MP (Brooks Newmark) was on the Finance Bill Committee last year - I have no reason to assume he won't be this year too. I'm afraid he did not reply to either of the two previous letters I have sent him though (adjudicator etc.) so I question the appropriateness of sending him the latest Whitehouse pack.
              I've never visited my MPs surgery but I fully intend to (with a Whitehouse pack) if our Mr Soames is on the committee.
              Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

anyone know what time the finance bill will be published and will it be accessible from a public URL?

Comment

Am I missing something?

Not sure if I am missing something here.

What difference does this GAAR 'pay up now' have on us? Even if it is reversed; we still owe HMRC the money. It's like fighting to get another delay of the inevitable.

What we want is retro removed from BN66..and that ain't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                    Not sure if I am missing something here.

What difference does this GAAR 'pay up now' have on us? Even if it is reversed; we still owe HMRC the money. It's like fighting to get another delay of the inevitable.

What we want is retro removed from BN66..and that ain't going to happen.
                    Once its been proved that HMRC have lied then BN66 might be altered.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      anyone know what time the finance bill will be published and will it be accessible from a public URL?
                      Finance (No.2) Bill 2013-14 — UK Parliament
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X