• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ringodingo
    Last 10 pence
    ...Releasing the boy's testicles, the woman hands the coin to the father and walks back to her seat at the coffee bar without saying a word...

I work for HMRC
    Not a senior Hmrc official then cos she gave the 10p back!
    http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      Got a not so favourable reply to the recent correspondence from my MP today.

Felt really down until I read the newsletter waiting in my Inbox. Thanks NTRT for picking my chins up.
      Got a Similarly negative response from my MP in which he states that he won't sign the Edm as he never signs them, as he sees them as a waste of time and tax payers money

A quick search on Google shows that he's signed 8 and seconded 6 edms in his 3 year tenure!!!

Yet more lies from the establishment

Comment

Newsletter

Hi all

We've had a couple of newsletters go astray.

If anyone hasn't received a newsletter, please send an email to the usual info at notoretrotax address.

Cheers

Santa
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Shabby behaviour

Originally posted by bollox View Post
          Got a Similarly negative response from my MP in which he states that he won't sign the Edm as he never signs them, as he sees them as a waste of time and tax payers money

A quick search on Google shows that he's signed 8 and seconded 6 edms in his 3 year tenure!!!

Yet more lies from the establishment
          That's disgraceful!

I could understand if he didn't want to sign the EDM because he didn't agree with it; at least then you could have a 'grown up' conversation about it. But to lie to you is absolutely unacceptable.

Is there an ombudsman that you can contact? Are you able to name the tuliphouse?
          Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
            That's disgraceful!

I could understand if he didn't want to sign the EDM because he didn't agree with it; at least then you could have a 'grown up' conversation about it. But to lie to you is absolutely unacceptable.

Is there an ombudsman that you can contact? Are you able to name the tuliphouse?
            yep a disgrace...

he used a similar cost excuse for not signing the amendment to the finance bill - keeps saying he's sympathetic but he obviously isnt or is but doesnt want to put his neck on the line

what really annoys me as well is, he keeps responding to letters about gauke and hmrc being lieing toe-rags with "I'm not a legal expert so i can't comment" - no he's not a legal expert but he's my representative in Parliament, the same Parliament which passed this legislation and the same parliament which is meant to be in control of hmrc, he's also a member of the party which denounced this legislation so whole heartedly when not in power....

hes not in the slighted bit interested in how HMRC have acted..

grrrrrrr.........

Comment

Originally posted by bollox View Post
              yep a disgrace...

he used a similar cost excuse for not signing the amendment to the finance bill - keeps saying he's sympathetic but he obviously isnt or is but doesnt want to put his neck on the line

what really annoys me as well is, he keeps responding to letters about gauke and hmrc being lieing toe-rags with "I'm not a legal expert so i can't comment" - no he's not a legal expert but he's my representative in Parliament, the same Parliament which passed this legislation and the same parliament which is meant to be in control of hmrc, he's also a member of the party which denounced this legislation so whole heartedly when not in power....

hes not in the slighted bit interested in how HMRC have acted..

grrrrrrr.........
              Yep. He's just fobbing you off. Telling you what you want to hear when you see him, because he's too spineless to engage in a discussion. I would go and book an appointment at his surgery if I were you....

I would be p*ssed off too
              Ninja

'Salad is a dish best served cold'

Comment

Newsletter

Hi all

I've uploaded the October newsletter to the website for anyone who didn't receive it.

Member’s Newsletters | No To Retrospective Taxation

Thanks and regards

Santa
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Adjudicator

Our complaint has been received and registered under ref. RAC13/76064

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    Adjudicator?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Adjudicator

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      That's great news Donkey. Did the QC give any kind of indication of how it will go with her?
                      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X