• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also sent

to Eric P

Comment

sent to Bob Stewart MP for Beckenham and Bromley

Originally posted by elpinar View Post
      to Eric P

Comment

Email Sent

I have sent an email to my MP Simon Hart

Comment

My MP (conservative minister) has agreed to discuss the amendment and its impact with his colleagues on the committee ahead of the vote…..

Comment

E Mail sent

E Mail sent to MP Andrew Selous

Comment

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
              My MP (conservative minister) has agreed to discuss the amendment and its impact with his colleagues on the committee ahead of the vote…..
              that is fantastic, well done FS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosmar View Post
                E Mail sent to MP Andrew Selous
                Email and hand delivered hard copy sent to Ed Davey.

Comment

Got the mail off to Adam Afriyie as well. His office also picked up the phone this week for once. Said they'd advise Mr. A to review my latest correspondence. Unfortunately the person who organises the face-2-face appointments was engaged. Will make another salvo tomorrow. No retreat no surrender.

Comment

If you don't belong to NTRT

I was surprised that when I saw my (South London) MP, no-one else had raised this issue with him. If there are 2,000 people caught by S58 and 650 parliamentary constituencies, I'd be surprised if I was the only victim of this legislation in my London constituency.

Even if you haven't joined NTRT, see/write to/email your MP and ask him to use his influence with members of the Finance Committee considering this year's budget to support Steve Baker MP's amendment to make S58(4) "treated as having effect from 12th March 2008".

The wording of the amendment is identical to the wording of an amendment tabled by David Gauke during the debate on the 2008 Finance Act.

Although they are enormously helpful, you don't need all the NTRT documents and guidance to make your point and the more victims contact their MP's, the more they will take notice.

You can get some good material from an article on the Conservative Home website and the link that it contains to points made by Mark Field MP in parliament.

Rob Barber: Retrospective legislation is an offence to justice and an enemy to growth

Don't delay. The amendment will be decided in a week's time. If you are a victim, you can make a difference by contacting your MP.

And finally: please, please join NTRT. We wouldn't be where we are without them.

Comment

MP contacted and assistance confirmed

I have contacted my MP who has confirmed that she will lobby her colleagues on the Finance Bill Committee. Given her unstinting support so far, this was no less than I expected.

It is good to have an MP who actually puts her constituents' issues and problems ahead of any self interest.

I know who I will be voting for next time!

Comment

Working...
                      X