• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
    lol who's the comedian in the room?
    Well I thought it would be worth a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      It's worth considering because this will likely drag on for years.

The other alternative is to invest the money. Beating HMRC's interest rate (currently 3%), with lowish risk, shouldn't be that hard.
      Isn't the interest rate that HMRC give you 0% on CTDs less than £100,000 ?

Comment

Originally posted by rufusTfirefly View Post
        Isn't the interest rate that HMRC give you 0% on CTDs less than £100,000 ?
        Yes but having a CTD stops interest accruing at 3%. In order to stand still you would need to earn 3% (net) on any investment.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Yes but having a CTD stops interest accruing at 3%. In order to stand still you would need to earn 3% (net) on any investment.
          Yes I see now. Cheers Donkey.

Comment

Got my latest reply from David Gauke today, scanned onwards to Whitehouse. Same old saga but padded out a lot more than the last time, we're now up to 4 pages of waffle.

Question is, is he deliberately or genuinely missing the point?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
              In this week, when the Tories are proudly remembering the achievements of a true 'Conviction' politician, they don't see the irony or the weakness of their own politics.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
                Got my latest reply from David Gauke today, scanned onwards to Whitehouse. Same old saga but padded out a lot more than the last time, we're now up to 4 pages of waffle.

I just can't work out how Gauke can keep spewing out this crap. I wish he would wake up and smell the coffee!!

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                  I just can't work out how Gauke can keep spewing out this crap. I wish he would wake up and smell the coffee!!
                  He knows only to well what the coffee smells like and indeed prior to being elected he used to prefer the smell of coffee. These days however he prefers the smell of Bull Tulip.

BTW. I Received my latest reply from a cabinet minister yesterday stating catagorically that the government has no intention of amending S58. This reply to my previous 3 page letter after being denied a 2nd meeting was a whopping 6 lines long!

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                    He knows only to well what the coffee smells like and indeed prior to being elected he used to prefer the smell of coffee. These days however he prefers the smell of Bull Tulip.

BTW. I Received my latest reply from a cabinet minister yesterday stating catagorically that the government has no intention of amending S58. This reply to my previous 3 page letter after being denied a 2nd meeting was a whopping 6 lines long!
                    Think I've had enough of this forum. It's just consuming to much of my time and it just gets more and more depressing. I'm just going to read the NTRT and Montp (if we ever get any) newsletters etc....

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                      Think I've had enough of this forum. It's just consuming to much of my time and it just gets more and more depressing. I'm just going to read the NTRT and Montp (if we ever get any) newsletters etc....
                      Best change your name then ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X