• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
    Im not convinced any letter will be sent anywhere. Probably a corridor conversation between them and not probing into wrongs and rights, I can just imagine it: "Dave had one of those bloody S58 people at my surgery the other day, annoying little C***s. Get this thing concluded asap its dragging on too long now"
    Surely a signed copy of any correspondence between DC and DG will be forwarded to the constituent for openness and fairness? I get copies of all such letters sent to me in House of Lords/Commons envelopes by my MP. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
      Surely a signed copy of any correspondence between DC and DG will be forwarded to the constituent for openness and fairness? I get copies of all such letters sent to me in House of Lords/Commons envelopes by my MP. Anyone else?
      great if thats the case! call me a disbeliever but....

Comment

I know but it's pretty much all we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbionRovers View Post
          I know but it's pretty much all we can do.
          Yes that, and get in the face of our own MPs!

Comment

Even if a formal letter is sent - that doesn't mean your proposed corridor conversation will not occur either....

Comment

I will be following it up with the PM's office after a week or so... and will keep up the communication pressure until I get some sort of confirmation that he has done so. We need Gauke to at least meet NTRT, and the more MPs that tell him the better.

Comment

Advice

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice?
                I have left the UK and will definitely not return in the next three years, probably not ever. If this goes against us I will not be able to pay at all. After leaving the UK I couldn't find work for two years so have no savings and am living pay cheque to pay cheque and with the help of Visa. My only asset is a used car and I am renting.
                As I have no way to pay, how do I file for Bankruptcy in the UK?
                I was using IOM about four years and went this way due to all the confusion around IR35 so was advised IOM as it was legal. (At the time! ;( )
                Thanks
                Diego

Comment

NTRT email?

Hi,

Is NTRT email working? I've sent a mail and not had a reply and its quite important I get one before Friday.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                    Hi,

Is NTRT email working? I've sent a mail and not had a reply and its quite important I get one before Friday.

Cheers.
                    I had the same problem. Don't send to anyone else but Carl.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                      Hi,

Cheers.
                      Guys, did you send to info @ notoretrotax org uk or alternatively members @ notoretrotax org uk?

There should be forwarding setup. I'll look into it.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X